Alternative treatments for leukemia

Old July 3rd 03, 04:28 PM
Marsha

Default Alternative treatments for leukemia

My dog has leukemia. She is a pure bred Siberian Husky. I took her to
the vet, and he said she had 6 weeks to live untreated, and maybe up
to a year if treated with intravenous chemotherapy. But she would have
those side effects and she would have to stay in the vets office a day
each week and she really hates that. I started her on some prednisone
(prescription from the vet) to keep her comfortable. Then I started
her on a dietary supplement, Cell Forte with IP-6 and Inositol. It has
made all the difference. She is still sick but she is stable. We are
almost at 2 years since the vet said she has leukemia, and it has been
quality time. She has had 2 urinary infections we had to give her
medicine for, but nothing else. Now I am starting to look at other
dietary-type products since this has worked so very well. You can buy
it at health food stores. It is made by a company called Enzymatic
Therapy. The label says four capsules a day, but I gave my dog six.

Are there any other herbs or supplements that can help my dog? I love
her so much and want her to be with me as long as possible, but still
enjoying her life.

Marsha and Laska
Old July 3rd 03, 07:20 PM
Deb

Whoops! Forgot the link, sorry!

http://www.naturespet.com/vitamin.html

Deb
Shi the Elder
Georgie the Kid-Snarker
Old July 4th 03, 03:53 AM
Rene

"Marsha" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Marsha,

Quick, go out and buy the book "The Nature of Animal Healing" (The
Definitive Holistic Medicine Guide to Caring for Your Dog or Cat), by Martin
Goldstein, DVM. If you want alternative treatments, he does 'em all. It's
a fantastic book. His book states he has over a 50% cure rate for cancer
patients. Looking in the index, there are many pages listed under leukemia.

His clinic is in South Salem, NY if you are anywhere near there. He gets
patients from around the country that other vets have given up on.
--
Kindest Regards,
René