Stroke

Old December 20th 07, 04:50 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Final result.

"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
message ...
harvtran wrote:

We asked what he would do if it were his pet and he said he wouldn't
proceed. We made the decision to release my 24/7 companion for the last
13-1/2 years from his torment.

*****HUGS***** I just went through this with Winnie, and I am sending you
hugs galore. It's never easy, is it?

--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.

It was horrible because I think he was in pain at the last and we always
made sure he was protected, safe and comfortable. I have to wonder if he
was thinking why I was not stopping the pain at the end. My wife told me,
as the vet was reviewing his records and the info we gave him, she was close
to screaming out "do something - anything" because the dog was going nuts.

Today is the first day in over 13 years I do not have my office mate.
Horrible.

Old December 21st 07, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

"harvtran" wrote in message
I have to wonder if he
was thinking why I was not stopping the pain at the end. My wife told me,
as the vet was reviewing his records and the info we gave him, she was

close
to screaming out "do something - anything" because the dog was going nuts.

.......If you've endeavored to have dogs in your life for years and years,
you'll find that once, you may have let a life go on a couple of days past
relief, then once, you may jump the gun, vowing never to go through the
other experience again. I don't know if it's possible to judge the exact
moment when it crosses over into misery. We all do the best we can. And I
know that dogs are supremely forgiving and he's not in pain any more. Nor
do dogs hold grudges.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Old December 22nd 07, 11:27 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Old December 22nd 07, 04:58 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Spoke with the Vets.

I did a lot of research on the net and found a site which discussed brain
tumors in dogs.

http://www.cvm.ncsu.edu/docs/brain_tumor.html

The 6 symptoms of a brain tumor in the forebrain matched his symptoms
exactly. Went back and spoke with 2 of the 4 vets that saw him in the last
10 days. They said given his age we did the best thing for him at the best
time.

I for one would not subject my dog to surgery, radiation therepy and chemo.
After a life of protecting him he would not be able to understand why I was
taking him some place where people were hurting him.

Old December 22nd 07, 05:28 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

" spoke these words of wisdom in
:

I did a lot of research on the net and found a site which discussed
brain tumors in dogs.

http://www.cvm.ncsu.edu/docs/brain_tumor.html

The 6 symptoms of a brain tumor in the forebrain matched his symptoms
exactly. Went back and spoke with 2 of the 4 vets that saw him in the
last 10 days. They said given his age we did the best thing for him at
the best time.

I for one would not subject my dog to surgery, radiation therepy and
chemo. After a life of protecting him he would not be able to understand
why I was taking him some place where people were hurting him.

Everyone has limits. You set the limits you felt were morally right, and
lived by them. You do not need to justify to anyone else, the choices you
made. You did what you felt best, and your dog is no longer suffering. The
fact that he is not suffering is a good thing. You did right by him.

My dog may have had stroke today. Help. Robin Dog health 2 March 25th 05 07:25 AM
Dog Stroke JSigrest Dog health 24 October 7th 03 02:49 AM
Dog Stroke JSigrest Dog health 0 October 4th 03 03:23 PM
Mini stroke Dog Lover Dog health 10 September 17th 03 01:11 AM
Mini stroke Dog Lover Dog health 0 September 16th 03 02:51 PM