Housebreaking!!!!!

Old August 19th 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
ems

Default Housebreaking!!!!!

I just got a 4 month old Lab retriever terrier mix. Can anyone give me
GREAT SOLID advice on how to housebreak a puppy?? The last thing I want
it puppy spots all over my house! I know to take him outside as soon as
I get home from work. I am also trying to crate train him as well. If
he does have an accident I am taking him directly outside for a walk
and then right into his Crate for a "time out". Am I doing this
correctly??

I also have his water/food bowls out so he can get them at anytime,
Should I be putting them away until he needs fed??

- Thank you for anyone with advice.

Old August 19th 06, 12:44 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet B

On 18 Aug 2006 16:38:42 -0700, "ems" , clicked
their heels and said:

I just got a 4 month old Lab retriever terrier mix. Can anyone give me
GREAT SOLID advice on how to housebreak a puppy??. If
he does have an accident I am taking him directly outside for a walk
and then right into his Crate for a "time out". Am I doing this
correctly??

No. You should be watching him like a hawk (he needs to be in
whatever room you are in) and taken out on a schedule - every time he
wakes up, every hour if he's awake and active after meals, first thing
in the morning, last thing at night. The crate should be a safe
place.

If you catch him, sound disappointed, and take him outside and ask him
to go. If he produces, throw a party. If not, back in and keep a
close eye on him - clean up thoroughly.

I also have his water/food bowls out so he can get them at anytime,
Should I be putting them away until he needs fed??

Leave water out, feeding should be on a schedule, measured amounts,
3x/day. He gets 15 minutes to eat and the it goes away and nothing
until the next meal if he hasn't eaten it.
--
Janet Boss
Old August 19th 06, 05:41 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Todd H.

"ems" writes:
I just got a 4 month old Lab retriever terrier mix. Can anyone give me
GREAT SOLID advice on how to housebreak a puppy?? The last thing I want
it puppy spots all over my house! I know to take him outside as soon as
I get home from work. I am also trying to crate train him as well. If
he does have an accident I am taking him directly outside for a walk
and then right into his Crate for a "time out". Am I doing this
correctly??

I also have his water/food bowls out so he can get them at anytime,
Should I be putting them away until he needs fed??

This may be a ginormous thread to nowhere, as there are as many
different opinions on how best to do this as there are dog owners.
Also be on the looking for some goofball who'll undoubtely reply here
and capitalize HOWE throughout his reply and promptly ignore him.

I'm a fan of the Monks of New Skete's books -- How To Be Your Dog's
Best Friend and The Art Of Raising A Puppy. They's on board with:

RESPONSIBLE Crate training is good. Make sure the crate is
the right size (not too big). Make sure it's introduced to
him gradually and that he identifies it as his den and a place
he likes.

Many consider it a huge mistake to use the crate as any sort
of punishment. Dunno what you mean by a "time out" there, but
just clarifying.

Your puppy may not be able to hold it all day yet. So no
locking him in the crate when you head off to work and expect
things to be happy when you get home in the afternoon.

A schedule is very important to house training. Do not leave
food out free all the time--especially with a scarfing lab mix
who'll eat every thing in sight.

Dog in the crate whenever you can't watch him like a hawk, but
you have to arrange your schedule so he's not in the crate all
the time!

Start the day letting him out immediatley on leash. Offer
food and water afterward. Then in a few minutes after that,
back outside.

Take em outside at frequent intervals. Always to the same
area they've gone before. Scent posts/marking are important
to the pooches.

If they make a mistake inside treat as something you did wrong
in not seeing the signs. Don't let the dog see you clean it
up. Use chemical deodorizers to mask the scent entirely or
they'll be inclined to do it again in that spot.

Good luck!

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/
Old August 19th 06, 11:10 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
caninepal

Check out these pages. They should be of help. Good luck!
http://www.dogbehavioronline.com/puppy-training.html
http://www.dogbehavioronline.com/cra...-your-dog.html
http://www.dogbehavioronline.com/hou...ing-a-dog.html
http://dogbehavioronline.com/puppy-housetraining.html

Old August 20th 06, 02:23 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Spot

Janet,

Has it right on the nose. I have trained puppies and full grown dogs this
way and it works like a charm. I have even tied the dog to my chair so I
had him with me at all times. Over time they catch on and the nice thing is
they will come and get you when they want out. I could never see the
reasoning of teaching the dog to go to the door.

Celeste

Old August 20th 06, 09:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.health,alt.animals.dog,alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.dogs.labrador
Mirelle

wrote:

Howdy Insane, Freak,

("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._
`6_ 6 ) `-. ( ).`-.__.`)
(_Y_.)' ._ ) `._ `. ``-..-'
_..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' ,'
(((' (((-((('' ((((

|\ _.-'~~""'~`'~)
/, ~-,__,,,.'~ ,-;;--''
|,4) ./ ' ; ;/'
'-~~;'@ ( ; ;
_.--'' _.-_..' .;.'
(,_..----''' (,..--''

Meow

/\_/\
(='.'=)
(")_(")

/),,/)
( ' ; ') kiss me
(,,)-(,,)

/),,/)
(' ; ') kiss me here
(,,)-(,,)

/),,/)
( ; ' ) kiss me here
(,,)-(,,)

/),,/)
( ; ) kiss me here
(,,)-(,,)

/)
( * ) and KISS ME HERE! Like in the Ass or Vagina? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(,,)-(,,)

/|/\
(.)(.)
( (_) )
-

|\ _,,,---,,_
/,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_
|,4- ) )-,_..;\ ( `'-' Ahhh, THANK YOU! Like Raping an animal. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
'---''(_/--' `-'\_)
Please DON'T BE The Amazing Pussy Wizard's '''''PREY''''''.

''''''' IT AIN'T PRETTY.''''''

'Pray' to have this man arrested. He supports 'sex with animals'.
There is no such thing !
It is Rape !
Withe the use xxx in his posts, it is pornographic and should be
blocked from children's computers by responsible parents.
He may well be a child predator. He uses the word pussy for cat. And
horsey for horse, all the while using triple x in his posts.
No legitimate dog trainer would do this who is interested in training
dogs.

"No one knows for sure how many animals that are abused, but a British
study from 2001 indicates that every 20th dog or cat that receives
treatment at veterinaries, the injuries are not a result of a direct
accident, but the animal has been inflicted the injury as a result of a
sexual assault.
According to the Swedish paper Expressen, if the same estimate can be
used in Sweden that will indicate that 200 to 300 dogs and cats every
year are injured as a result of sexual assaults."

http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/english/article177749.ece

Mirelle

Old August 21st 06, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.health,alt.animals.dog,alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.dogs.labrador
[email protected]

Mirelle wrote:

wrote:

Howdy Insane, Freak,

("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._
`6_ 6 ) `-. ( ).`-.__.`)
(_Y_.)' ._ ) `._ `. ``-..-'
_..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' ,'
(((' (((-((('' ((((

|\ _.-'~~""'~`'~)
/, ~-,__,,,.'~ ,-;;--''
|,4) ./ ' ; ;/'
'-~~;'@ ( ; ;
_.--'' _.-_..' .;.'
(,_..----''' (,..--''

Meow

/\_/\
(='.'=)
(")_(")

/),,/)
( ' ; ') kiss me
(,,)-(,,)

/),,/)
(' ; ') kiss me here
(,,)-(,,)

/),,/)
( ; ' ) kiss me here
(,,)-(,,)

/),,/)
( ; ) kiss me here
(,,)-(,,)

/)
( * ) and KISS ME HERE! Like in the Ass or Vagina? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(,,)-(,,)

/|/\
(.)(.)
( (_) )
-

|\ _,,,---,,_
/,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_
|,4- ) )-,_..;\ ( `'-' Ahhh, THANK YOU! Like Raping an animal. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
'---''(_/--' `-'\_)
Please DON'T BE The Amazing Pussy Wizard's '''''PREY''''''.

''''''' IT AIN'T PRETTY.''''''

'Pray' to have this man arrested. He supports 'sex with animals'.
There is no such thing !
It is Rape !
Withe the use xxx in his posts, it is pornographic and should be
blocked from children's computers by responsible parents.
He may well be a child predator. He uses the word pussy for cat. And
horsey for horse, all the while using triple x in his posts.
No legitimate dog trainer would do this who is interested in training
dogs.

It's no secret that Howe is a pervert, child pervert and porn addict.
Given the "XXX" and "CON" and "Pussy" and "Sitting here stark ravin
nekkid" remarks and his posting of XXX websites, of course he's a piece
of human waste.

Ther are many valid reports that he is an actual child molester. Ask
him, and note that he won't answer you...because he is.

Old August 21st 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Choix Vox

Within rec.pets.dogs.behavior, "Mirelle" wrote in crayon:

'Pray' to have this man arrested. He supports 'sex with animals'.
There is no such thing ! It is Rape !

It's just APW...
Why would I care what that kook he claims to do in his spare time?

Withe the use xxx in his posts, it is pornographic and should be
blocked from children's computers by responsible parents.
He may well be a child predator. He uses the word pussy for cat.
And horsey for horse, all the while using triple x in his posts.

"Pussy" is a old british way of saying cat and there is nothing
sexually implied by "horsey".

--
Google Groups "plain-text" of this post...
http://groups.google.ca/groups?&hl=en&dmode=source&selm=eca6oa$1q8$13@news .datemas.de
Old August 21st 06, 05:19 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

wrote:
HOWEDY caninepal aka ty brown you miserable stinkin
lyin dog abusin spammin fraud an con artist,

caninepal wrote:
Check out these pages.

Those pages are a SCAM, tyler. The SCAM is to SELL
the SUCKERS three or four EXXXCELLENT trainin
methods that DON'T WORK till the SUCKER is ready
to BUY a SHOCK COLLAR and HIRE a trainer from
your adam katz ring of dog abusin con men an frauds.

This could be the most hilarious thing I've ever read since it comes
from the biggest fraud and scam artist I've ever seen, Jerry Howe,
with his magical black box.

Yeah, and here he'll throw in a bunch of "testimonials" saying how well
this "DDR" piece of **** "worked so well." Eh, I could throw a pencil
eraser into many places and convince them that it works to stop ALL bad
behaviors, and I will get the same percentage of people claiming "it's
magic" and works.

He even rasied the price on this DDR to something crazy like $125 - the
thing can't cost more than $9 to make, unless he is THAT stupid and
paid more for the parts. Either way, it's quite ironic for Howe to
call ANYONE a scam artist being the biggest in the biz himself.

snip hundreds of lines of bullshit no one would ever read anyways, but
Howe is SO stupid he ACTUALLY thinks people read all that crap he posts

Old August 21st 06, 08:10 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Mirelle

Choix Vox wrote:
Within rec.pets.dogs.behavior, "Mirelle" wrote in crayon:

Boring !

'Pray' to have this man arrested. He supports 'sex with animals'.
There is no such thing ! It is Rape !

True !

It's just APW...
Why would I care what that kook he claims to do in his spare time?

He posts as a dog trainer. His posts need to be child friendly. The use
of XXX in his rantings are representative of X rated. XXX= X Rated
=For adullts only !
What part of triple X for children's reading do you not understand ????

Withe the use xxx in his posts, it is pornographic and should be
blocked from children's computers by responsible parents.

True !

He may well be a child predator. He uses the word pussy for cat.
And horsey for horse, all the while using triple x in his posts.

All the While using triple X as he uses the words 'pussy' and 'horsey'
and buck nekid.
The word 'pussy'os obviously usesd for cats esapecialy by children. The
use of the word in the context of XXX and neKID makes the word 'pussy'
have a double meaning as in your lousy e-mail inapropriate use of the
word !

"Pussy" is a old british way of saying cat

'Pussy' is also used as a term for Vagina. In the derogatory, in my
opinion.
Like in, I Eat Pussy ! Yuk !
You are a friek to use such misogynist language about a woman's vagina.

and there is nothing
sexually implied by "horsey".

It is all a matter of context. Beside an XXX rant it is inapropriate,
as adults do not say 'horsey'.
So it comes down to child content . It can not be both.
To use the words MURDER and KILL along with XXX and then say 'pussy'
and 'horsey' is frightening to a child. And it invites child molesters
to abuse this site.
It takes away the legitamacy of dog talk in this forum.
How does XXX belong in discussions about dogs ???