"Nylabones"

Old August 11th 08, 02:43 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Sue and Atty[_2_]

Default "Nylabones"

"Janet Boss" wrote in message
"Sue and Atty" wrote:

How true - and they hurt bare summer legs when little Miss Atty decides
she
wants to lay on my lap and chew one. Solution - I hold it for her and
she
has her own lolipop.

How nice to know I am not alone!

--
Janet Boss
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

HaHa - I thought we were the only ones who had "nylapops"!

Sue and Atty

Old August 11th 08, 03:29 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Spot[_2_]

I have 2 of the durable ones that were Barneys they have lasted through 5
dogs and are still in good shape. The dogs I have now still chew them so .
They rarely get pieces off them and they are the only 2 toys that they
haven't destroyed. We also have a dental ball they play with and a nylabone
frisbee that is holding up really well with the dogs.

Celeste

"Sue and Atty" wrote in message

"A. Brain" wrote in message
Does anyone here recommend them?

I suppose it's like everything - it depends on the dog. Atty (my lab) has
had her same nylabones for 7 years. She even chews on a few of Jadee's,
which are now 10 years old. Some are a little smaller than they were,
but not small enough to get rid of. She chews on them in spurts.

Sue and Atty

Old August 11th 08, 05:21 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
S.Smith

"Janet Boss" wrote in message
"Sue and Atty" wrote:

How true - and they hurt bare summer legs when little Miss Atty decides
she
wants to lay on my lap and chew one. Solution - I hold it for her and
she
has her own lolipop.

How nice to know I am not alone!

--
Janet Boss
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

HaHa - I thought we were the only ones who had "nylapops"!

Sue and Atty

My Petey loves to have me hold the nylabone while he chews the other end.
This is my first nylabone. I purchased it based on the size. It is the
Wolf size. My gripe with the company that makes them is I did not know
which size to buy, until I opened up the package and the info sheet was
inside the package. Why could they not put that info on the outer part of
the package?
This thread has been great and I have learned much about this product.
Thanks to all who have shared their experiences.
Shirley

Old August 12th 08, 06:01 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Rocky[_2_]

"Sue and Atty" said in
rec.pets.dogs.health:

Does anyone here recommend them?

I suppose it's like everything - it depends on the dog.
Atty (my lab) has had her same nylabones for 7 years. She
even chews on a few of Jadee's, which are now 10 years old.
Some are a little smaller than they were, but not small
enough to get rid of. She chews on them in spurts.

My dogs had the same nylabones for years, but a friend's dog
destroyed them all within a day. The only one which has lasted
around here is the giant red harder plastic one. Bugsy, the
daycare Boston Terrier, likes it more than anyone else - he
carries it everywhere he goes, even though it's half his body
size.

Old August 14th 08, 04:58 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
S.Smith

"A. Brain" wrote in message
Does anyone here recommend them? My mom's new
dog--a wonderful Tibetan Terrier who is just under a
year old--had a bad experience with one. She chewed
it up and it disintegrated, and it looks like she swallowed
the stuff, then spent the night vomiting all over the place.

The vet in a phone consultation said she will probably
be all right, but I told my mom that I don't like anything
that's not "natural".

My neighbor's new Bulldog is also about the same
age and she seems to chew these things up also,
but so far no distress.

--
A. Brain

Remove NOSPAM for email.

After reading all the posts about the Nylabone, I purchased a new one today.
The one I first had is digestable. Someone mentioned one that was almost
industricable. I bought one that says Durable and is not consumable. Said
some small rice sized pieces may come off, but should pass normally. It
says replace when knuckles are worn down. I feel this one is much safer
than the first one I bought. It was very confusing with all the different
sizes/flavors and different consistancies.
Shirley

Old August 14th 08, 06:41 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Rocky[_2_]

"S.Smith" said in rec.pets.dogs.health:

It was very confusing with all the different
sizes/flavors and different consistancies.

With the dogs here I don't worry about flavours; they'll chew a
Nylabone or they won't. Liver, vanilla, whatever won't entice a
dog who really doesn't like chewing on plastic - and there are
many (my own, for example, but enough of the daycare dogs like
Nylabone that I keep them around).

Old August 21st 08, 04:20 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Charles Lavin

"A. Brain" wrote in message
Does anyone here recommend them? My mom's new
dog--a wonderful Tibetan Terrier who is just under a
year old--had a bad experience with one. She chewed
it up and it disintegrated, and it looks like she swallowed
the stuff, then spent the night vomiting all over the place.

The vet in a phone consultation said she will probably
be all right, but I told my mom that I don't like anything
that's not "natural".

My neighbor's new Bulldog is also about the same
age and she seems to chew these things up also,
but so far no distress.

--
A. Brain

My shepherd-mix and Lab-mix were pretty thorough with a Nylabone I got them
years ago. The shepherd-mix especially is a prodigious chewer. They didn't
actually destroy it, but they left it with hundreds of tooth marks and
little jagged edges that I wasn't too keen on, although the package
documentation says that the little slivers are harmless. Eventually they
lost interest, although the toy surfaced every now and then. I'm sure we
still have it, probably in a box somewhere. We moved almost two years ago,
and I know there's at least one box of dog toys in the garage that has yet
to be unpacked ...

Chuck