PetArmour disappears

Old September 5th 11, 02:42 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
buglady

Default PetArmour disappears

http://www.merial.com/PressRoom/Pres...t-21,-201.aspx
Aug 22, 2011

Duluth, Ga, USA - - Merial announced today that the Court-ordered seizure of
Velcera's PetArmorT Plus products inventory in the U.S. went into effect on
August 21, 2011.

On June 21, 2011, the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
ruled that Merial's U.S. patent covering FRONTLINE Plus® is valid and that
the PetArmorT Plus products infringe the patent.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Old September 5th 11, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Jo Wolf

My oh my..... I wondered why I didn't see Pet Armour on the shelf the
other night when I was in WalMart. They had plenty of the Advantage
products.

I had only heard the last few words of what was probably the news
release on the Pet Armour issue.... so wasn't aware of the outcome.

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia, USA

Old September 6th 11, 06:05 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Phyrie[_3_]

"buglady" wrote in message

http://www.merial.com/PressRoom/Pres...t-21,-201.aspx
Aug 22, 2011

Duluth, Ga, USA - - Merial announced today that the Court-ordered seizure of
Velcera's PetArmorT Plus products inventory in the U.S. went into effect on
August 21, 2011.

On June 21, 2011, the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
ruled that Merial's U.S. patent covering FRONTLINE Plus® is valid and that
the PetArmorT Plus products infringe the patent.

buglady
take out the dog before replying
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________________
My vet told me, a couple of days ago, that Dextab was no longer available.
I don't think it had to do with anything like the above, but mostly a lack
of sales. Too bad too, as I like it better than Vanectyl-P, for it's lack
of side effects. My vet says he can still get the drug (dexamethasone) in
powder form, so could probably make up some capsules if he had to.

Old September 6th 11, 02:08 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
buglady

Default PetArmour disappears - now vet drugs

"Phyrie" wrote in message
My vet told me, a couple of days ago, that Dextab was no longer available.
I don't think it had to do with anything like the above, but mostly a lack
of sales. Too bad too, as I like it better than Vanectyl-P, for it's lack
of side effects. My vet says he can still get the drug (dexamethasone) in
powder form, so could probably make up some capsules if he had to.

...............there's a shortage of some veterinary drugs (and human ones!).
Two listed here are Veterinary insulin and iron dextran.
http://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/.../ucm248095.htm

.............Not to mention the drug used to treat heartworm, Immiticide,
though I wouldn't go that direction anyway. In this case the FDA is to
blame;
http://news.vin.com/VINNews.aspx?articleId=19471
"Immiticide availability has been shaky since early last year, when Merial,
the animal health arm of Sanofi, reported that its U.S. supplier could no
longer obtain the product's active ingredient, and the FDA was hesitant to
allow Merial's overseas supplier to fill American orders."

.............In some cases a compounding pharmacy can get the meds for you:
http://monumentpharmacy.com/blog/why...shortages.html

...............More trouble with vet drugs in the future? Pfizer ate Fort
Dodge Animal Health and now seeks to dump it's animal division. Soon it
will be a one source vet drugs and there will be little choice:
http://news.vin.com/VINNews.aspx?articleId=19080

Old September 6th 11, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Jo Wolf

Was aware of all but the iron dextran.... but haven't needed it.

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia, USA

Old October 15th 11, 06:21 AM
PickePekingese PickePekingese is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Wolf View Post
My oh my..... I wondered why I didn't see Pet Armour on the shelf the
other night when I was in WalMart. They had plenty of the Advantage
products.

I had only heard the last few words of what was probably the news
release on the Pet Armour issue.... so wasn't aware of the outcome.

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia, USA

I still see Pet Armour products on local pet stores. Is that illegal?
Pekingese training is not a joke. You need to have patience, dedication, perseverance, and heart. Do you have them all???