Boston Always Licking his Beans

Old October 11th 11, 12:07 AM
Cowboys Ma Cowboys Ma is offline
Banned

Default Boston Always Licking his Beans

My Boston Terrier Bullet is always licking his skin and beans. I have tried several different shampoos and conditioners and nothing seems to help....any suggestions? I know it's a compulsive behavior but his skin gets really red and bumpy.....Thanks!

11_1_07 032 by Las Vaquera, on Flickr
Old October 13th 11, 12:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
buglady

"Cowboys Ma" wrote in message

My Boston Terrier Bullet is always licking his skin and beans. I have
tried several different shampoos and conditioners and nothing seems to
help....any suggestions? I know it's a compulsive behavior but his skin
gets really red and bumpy.....Thanks!

...............May not be compulsive. I'd get a skin scrape done to see if
it's mites or fungus. Other thing you can do is change food to a minimal
ingredient food. If there's seasons where it's worse, think about
environmental allergies (pollen in summer, dust-dry air in winter if you
have one).

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Old October 13th 11, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Jo Wolf

Vet check to be certain he doesn't have a low-grade infection of the
testicals, or a tumor. Handling them gently.... do both testicals feel
the same? Allergy to something in carpets or bedding (laundry
detergent?)? Have you considered neutering?

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia, USA

Old October 14th 11, 05:12 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Char

On 10/13/2011 4:51 PM, Jo Wolf wrote:
Vet check to be certain he doesn't have a low-grade infection of the
testicals, or a tumor. Handling them gently.... do both testicals feel
the same? Allergy to something in carpets or bedding (laundry
detergent?)? Have you considered neutering?

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia, USA

Why should he consider neutering?

Green Beans cshenk Dog health 8 May 7th 10 08:43 PM
Got Day for Miss Beans montana wildhack Dog behavior 12 December 1st 08 03:53 PM
Kidney Beans Shelly & The Boys Dog behavior 14 December 3rd 04 04:06 PM
Boston Terrier licking problem Nick Dog health 10 September 15th 03 12:41 AM
Boston Terrier licking problem Nick Dog health 0 September 9th 03 07:24 AM