White Bull Terrier

Old September 4th 05, 07:49 PM
Admin

Default White Bull Terrier

I need to sell my White Bull Terrier. He is 5 years old. A very fun and
family oriented dog. He thinks he is one of the kids. We are moving, and
they do not allow pets...
Kids hate me...

email:

Old September 4th 05, 08:03 PM
Janet Puistonen

Admin wrote:
I need to sell my White Bull Terrier. He is 5 years old. A very fun
and family oriented dog. He thinks he is one of the kids. We are moving,
and they do not allow pets...
Kids hate me...

email:

Can't you find a place to live that allows pets?

If not, you need to contact a breed rescue group. Unless your dog has a slew
of titles or some special skills, your chances of "selling" a 5 yr old dog
are probably nil.

Old September 4th 05, 08:57 PM
Admin

Its not that I want to sell him, I want the person adopting him to know it's
a costly dog, and if they don't have the funds to "purchase" him, they can
not care for him. He is VERY spoiled. I am sorry to do this.

CW

Old September 4th 05, 09:37 PM

Admin wrote:
Its not that I want to sell him, I want the person adopting him to know it's
a costly dog, and if they don't have the funds to "purchase" him, they can
not care for him. He is VERY spoiled. I am sorry to do this.

Janet's correct - not many people want 5-year-old dogs, and
your best chance for placing him in a good home is to go
through a breed rescue organization that does home screening
and that attracts adopters with a particular interest in the
breed.

"Some people call you the elites, I call you my base"
-- George W Bush, at a black-tie fundraising dinner
Old September 4th 05, 10:34 PM

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 15:57:03 -0400, "Admin"
wrote:

Its not that I want to sell him, I want the person adopting him to know it's
a costly dog, and if they don't have the funds to "purchase" him, they can
not care for him. He is VERY spoiled. I am sorry to do this.

1) Janet and Melinda are correct. it is in your dog's best interests
that you contact breed rescue.

2) requiring the payment of a nominal amount to purchase the dog might
weed out possible collectors, but it is no guarantee that the buyer can
or will properly care for the dog. every day, ignorant people spend
hundreds and sometimes even thousands of dollars on pet store dogs that
they have no clue how to properly care for.

http://www.cat-sidh.net || http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com

I shut my eyes in order to see.
-- Paul Gauguin

Old September 5th 05, 01:58 AM
Janet Puistonen

Admin wrote:
And do I just give them the Dog? I don't think so.

CW

Huh? Perhaps you are unaware that breed rescue groups spend untold amounts
of their own time and money on caring for and placing dogs? That they pay
for heartworm treatments, spay/neuter, vaccinations, and all kinds of
veterinary care? That they house and feed and train the dogs, often for
months? That they carefully screen prospective owners and take the dog back
if it doesn't work out? Will you be able to do that, after you've moved? Of
course not. So if it doesn't work out, your dog will end up in a shelter,
possibly a kill shelter.

Believe me, if you are determined not to find a place where your dog can
live with you, breed rescue is by far the best alternative.

--
Janet

Dear Artemesia! Poetry's a Sna/Bedlam has many Mansions:have a
ca/ Your Muse diverts you, makes the Reader sad:/ You think your
self inspir'd; He thinks you mad.

Old September 5th 05, 04:02 AM
Robin Nuttall

Admin wrote:
And do I just give them the Dog? I don't think so.

So let's get this straight.

1. You're dumping your dog because you're too lazy to find a place that
will accept dogs. So obviously, your dog doesn't mean that much to you.

2. You think of your dog in terms of possible profit, instead of in
terms of the well-being of the DOG, because lord forbid you ensure
putting him in a safe place, you'd rather make money off of him. Need a
deposit or something?

3. If you did think in terms of the well-being of the dog (#2), then
this whole thread would be totally unneccessary.
Old September 5th 05, 04:31 AM
Rocky

"Admin" said in
rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

[Referring to breed rescue]

And do I just give them the Dog?

Not always. In many cases you'd also give a monetary donation
in appreciation of the work, time, and medical care the rescue
contributes to ensure your beloved dog is placed in the right
home.

I don't think so.

OK then.

Old September 5th 05, 03:55 PM

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 20:33:21 -0400, "Admin"
wrote:

And do I just give them the Dog? I don't think so.

a rescue group certainly isn't going to pay you for the privilege of
taking responsibility for your dog--more like the other way around.

http://www.cat-sidh.net || http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com

Color! What a deep and mysterious language, the language of dreams.
-- Paul Gauguin

Help - Two Bull Terrier Puppies Fighting cricket Dog behavior 4 July 15th 05 07:00 PM
Bull Terrier Breeding VP Dog breeds 7 May 25th 05 07:54 PM
Latest pit bull attacks across the nation alexcan99 Dog health 0 January 28th 05 06:25 AM
Bull Terrier chevin Dog behavior 15 May 24th 04 01:59 PM
West Highland White Terrier Bite Evan Dog breeds 0 October 22nd 03 05:25 PM