Knee injury

Old December 7th 03, 11:54 PM
Erika

Default Knee injury

My husband took our little dog out to "relieve" and after she was done
she came back home limping, we thought she strained a muscle or
something, she didn't show any signs of pain and kept playing and
eating normally but she wouldn't put her weigh on her leg, after a
couple of days she was still limping and we took her to the vet, he
messed with her knee and my doggie yelped really loud. He reccomended
x-rays because he thought the ligament was torn, if that was the case
my dog will need surgery. We are still waiting for the x-rays, but in
the meantime I wonder... can a dog have an injury such as a torn
ligament without expressing any pain at the time of the injury? Do you
guys know what would be reasonable to pay for surgery with a vet
specialized in orthopedics?
Old December 8th 03, 01:09 AM
Rocky

Erika said in rec.pets.dogs.health:

He reccomended
x-rays because he thought the ligament was torn, if that
was the case my dog will need surgery.

An x-ray won't show ligament damage, but might preclude bone
damage or cancer. How old is your dog?

Old December 8th 03, 06:57 AM
Erika

He recommended the x-rays to see what's going on, he talked about a
chipped knee cap... or something like that.
She is only 14 months, the age is an estimate since she was addopted
three months ago