Pet Paparazzi - Special Message

Old July 30th 06, 02:46 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sighthounds & siberians

Default Pet Paparazzi - Special Message

On 29 Jul 2006 15:13:58 -0700, "Pet Paparazzi"
wrote:

As far as the anger, hatred, resentment coming from you two individuals
- Maybe taking it out on me is masking the pain and sorrow you have
inside. People who are not suffering don't act the way you do. Either
way, I send you with love and pray you will find that inner peace,
love, and joy.

Send us where? Anyway, I wouldn't talk about anger, hatred and
resentment if I were you. You're the one who sent the nasty, crude
personal email, which violates usenet etiquette; but then, so does
spamming.

Continue to attack me if you must, bash me if you will however, I
harbor no ill will towards either of you.

Great. I don't have any toward you either. I just think you're a
spammer and an asshole.

Mustang Sally

Old July 30th 06, 02:52 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sighthounds & siberians

Default Spamming Pantsload - Special Message

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 18:38:20 -0400, Shelly
wrote:

But, I suppose I ought to thank you for a small favor. I nearly forgot
that today is the one year anniversary of Elliott's death. Imagine
forgetting something like that! I'm going to go have a glass of wine in
his honor, and think about what an amazing dog he was.

I forgot that Elliott's death was so close to Zeke's; the one year
anniversary of Zeke's death is Monday. Shelly, I'm going to have a
glass of wine in Elliott's honor now, and please have one in Zeke's
honor on Monday. And everyone else, of course, please feel free to
indulge in your refreshment of choice.

Mustang Sally

Old July 30th 06, 02:54 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 21:41:31 -0400, sighthounds & siberians
wrote:

Sorry. Tara, was that what you meant when you said it's not
necessarily too late to photograph your pet once it's died? I didn't
see/read Pet Sematary, so am clueless.

Think "The Monkey's Paw." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monkey's_Paw

In Pet Sematary, dead pets (and people!) are buried in a supernatural
grave yard. They are reanimated, but not in a nice way. It's been a
long time since I read it (I went on a very brief SK binge in high
school), so that's about all I recall.

If I said he was very confused
and walking around whining (true), would she feel good that he seemed
to miss them, or bad that he was somewhat unhappy?

Aw, poor boy! I guess it's at least fortunate that the owners were
clueful enough to return him, instead of dumping him at a shelter or
giving him to some stranger in a parking lot, but I don't imagine that's
much of a consolation to either you or the dog. I hope he settles in
quickly.

--
Shelly

I don't believe in art. I believe in artists.
-- Marcel Duchamp
Old July 30th 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sighthounds & siberians

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 21:54:56 -0400, Shelly
wrote:

In Pet Sematary, dead pets (and people!) are buried in a supernatural
grave yard. They are reanimated, but not in a nice way. It's been a
long time since I read it (I went on a very brief SK binge in high
school), so that's about all I recall.

Ah.

Aw, poor boy! I guess it's at least fortunate that the owners were
clueful enough to return him, instead of dumping him at a shelter or
giving him to some stranger in a parking lot, but I don't imagine that's
much of a consolation to either you or the dog. I hope he settles in
quickly.

No, it is some consolation. Of course, we tell them the contract they
sign, in which they promise never to give the dog to anyone but us, is
enforceable in court, but that's probably not true. On the other hand,
they also promise to keep the dog up to date on heartworm
preventative, etc., and obviously they don't all do that. I think the
main reason people usually do return the dog to the rescue group from
which it was adopted is that they're lazy.

Mustang Sally

Old July 30th 06, 03:10 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 21:52:50 -0400, sighthounds & siberians
wrote:

I forgot that Elliott's death was so close to Zeke's; the one year
anniversary of Zeke's death is Monday.

It's really hard for me to believe that it's been a year. It doesn't
seem possible.

Shelly, I'm going to have a
glass of wine in Elliott's honor now, and please have one in Zeke's
honor on Monday.

Thank you. And I'll definitely drink to Zeke on Monday.

--
Shelly

The color of the object illuminated partakes of the color of that which
illuminates it.
-- Leonardo da Vinci
Old July 30th 06, 04:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 22:07:07 -0400, sighthounds & siberians
wrote:

I think the
main reason people usually do return the dog to the rescue group from
which it was adopted is that they're lazy.

Heh. Well, let's have a round of applause for laziness, I guess.

--
Shelly

Fear gives courage wings.
-- Bauhaus, Spirit
Old July 30th 06, 06:15 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sighthounds & siberians

wrote:

I think the
main reason people usually do return the dog to the rescue group from
which it was adopted is that they're lazy.

Heh. Well, let's have a round of applause for laziness, I guess.

Yeah. I'm always careful not to be rude to the people until after the
dog is in my hands.

Mustang Sally

Old July 31st 06, 05:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

Mustang Sally, I just do not understand how someone can have a dog for a
year and then discover it is just not convenient anymore. I am so sorry
for the Greyhound who was returned to you. I know he/she must be lost,
that is so pitiful to see.
When you first posted that they returned the dog to you I thought at
least that was mildly considerate, but as you said perhaps they were
just lazy. Who know maybe they actually feared that contract?
Whatever? I am glad they weren't so lazy that they just drove him 40
miles from no where and dropped him off....
I hope he does better the next time around. It is very sad. It
surprises me sometimes how much ignored and unwanted dogs long for their
owners.
Good Luck...Judy

Be Free,
Judy

Old August 1st 06, 09:31 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Pet Paparazzi

I absolutely agree Mustang Sally!

sighthounds & siberians wrote:
On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 18:40:22 -0400, Shelly
wrote:

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 17:20:51 -0400, sighthounds & siberians
wrote:

It just didn't say anything about pet loss or grief etc. I mean, once
your pet has died, it's a bit late to have its photo taken.

Thanks! You *do* realize that I'm going to have Pet Sematary-esque
nightmares now?

Sorry. Tara, was that what you meant when you said it's not
necessarily too late to photograph your pet once it's died? I didn't
see/read Pet Sematary, so am clueless.

Well, we got that lovely red greyhound back today. He's fat. Needs a
dental badly, and his vet records show that the owners were given a
quote for that in April of last year. I forgot to ask when he was due
for heartworm preventative, so I called her. Seems they could only
afford to take one dog for HW test and preventative, so they took
their foofy mix that they bought from a BYB. I don't think I even
believe them. She wanted to know how he was and I said "fine". I
mean, what difference does it make? If I said he was very confused