Removing dog urine odor in carpet

Old September 3rd 08, 11:21 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
[email protected]

Default Removing dog urine odor in carpet

I need some help. I have a 1.5 yo old lab mix who has had some
accidents on my carpet following a recent move. I have tried a pet
odor/stain remover made by a steam vac company and have also steam
cleaned my carpets. Although the stains are gone the odor remains.
Any suggestions on any products or home remedies I could use to rid or
reduce the problem???

Thanks a lot,

Jmar
Old September 3rd 08, 11:55 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Janet Boss

In article 2008090318453716807-montana@wildhackcominvalid,
montana wildhack wrote:

We use Nature's Miracle - and there's another brand by the original
Nature's Miracle people.

I recently tried a "no more marking" variety of NM. So far so good. It
seems my cat isn't keen on Marcie being in season.

--
Janet Boss
Old September 4th 08, 03:33 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

wrote:

I need some help. I have a 1.5 yo old lab mix who has had some
accidents on my carpet following a recent move. I have tried a pet
odor/stain remover made by a steam vac company and have also steam
cleaned my carpets. Although the stains are gone the odor remains.
Any suggestions on any products or home remedies I could use to rid or
reduce the problem???

Odormute. There are several formulas now, but I swear by the original
stuff in the pink box. It doesn't do anything for stains, but it's
fabulous for odors - it'll even take out cat pee stink. It's a powder
and you mix up just a tiny bit with warm water - usually 1/4 tsp is
enough for most purposes - so a 3 ounce box lasts for a LONG time.

Personally I've found that it works as well or better for odors than
products like Nature's Miracle, and it's far cheaper to use.

http://www.google.com/products?q=odormute

Hope that helps.

Dianne
Old September 4th 08, 05:10 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
montana wildhack

On 2008-09-03 22:33:42 -0400, ((null)) said:

Personally I've found that it works as well or better for odors than
products like Nature's Miracle, and it's far cheaper to use.

http://www.google.com/products?q=odormute

Hope that helps.

I've never heard of that - thanks for the tip!

Old September 4th 08, 06:38 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Rocky[_2_]

montana wildhack said in
rec.pets.dogs.health:

We use Nature's Miracle - and there's another brand by the
original Nature's Miracle people.

Petastic (and it's less expensive than NM). I get a fair number
of puppy accidents here and once the Petastic has had a chance
to do its job, no other dog shows interest in the spot.

Old September 4th 08, 05:14 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
S.Smith

On 2008-09-03 22:33:42 -0400, ((null)) said:

Personally I've found that it works as well or better for odors than
products like Nature's Miracle, and it's far cheaper to use.

http://www.google.com/products?q=odormute

Hope that helps.

I've never heard of that - thanks for the tip!

After cleaning up the urine, I have sprayed vinegar on the spot. I think it
takes care of the odor.
S.Smith

Old September 4th 08, 05:52 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Rocky[_2_]

"S.Smith" said in
rec.pets.dogs.health:

After cleaning up the urine, I have sprayed vinegar on the
spot. I think it takes care of the odor.

Yup, *you* think it takes of the odour.