Dog haters

Old January 18th 11, 09:20 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Alison[_3_]

Default Dog haters

"P E Schoen" wrote in message

Indeed. I worked with an engineer named Rick Sharp, and people said,
"Rick

is Sharp, but Paul has to be Schoen".

LOL

I think she meant to protect herself from your advances

Yup ! I guess I could borrow his wife's frying pan.

You *do* have a *thing* for her, don't you?

Dogman has a thing for any female who's breathing ! heh

Ali

Old January 18th 11, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Alison[_3_]

"andal" wrote in message
On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 19:13:56 +0000, Alison wrote:

you bad ! hold on, is that a R+? ;-)

LOL Only if he enjoys it.
BTW, I'm not averse to using aversives on humans. (no pun intended!)
Al

Old January 19th 11, 12:24 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Dogman[_3_]

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 20:24:19 -0000, "Alison"
wrote:

BTW, I'm not averse to using aversives on humans. (no pun intended!)

Me neither!

And for the same reason: they work!

--
Dogman
Old January 19th 11, 12:24 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Dogman[_3_]

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 20:20:54 -0000, "Alison"
wrote:

[...]
I think she meant to protect herself from your advances

Yup ! I guess I could borrow his wife's frying pan.

Heck, if you're afraid of me, darling, there's an easier solution.
Just stay in England, eh? No frying pan required.

You *do* have a *thing* for her, don't you?

Dogman has a thing for any female who's breathing ! heh

Define "thing."

--
Dogman
Old January 19th 11, 12:25 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Dogman[_3_]

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 20:09:51 -0000, "Alison"
wrote:

I love England but it's so crowded , I think the known population
is about 50 million and Missouri's is 6 million.,sigh

That doesn't count our 134,456,000 illegal aliens.

--
Dogman
Old January 19th 11, 01:24 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
cshenk

"Jo Wolf" wrote

Huh. Might use a chain vet clinic if either one had a decent vet. I
just left one of them last year. The other is Banfield at PetsMart and
they can't keep a vet.

Probably varies by area quite widely on this one.
Old January 19th 11, 01:36 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sighthounds & siberians

wrote:

"P E Schoen" wrote in message

Indeed. I worked with an engineer named Rick Sharp, and people said,
"Rick

is Sharp, but Paul has to be Schoen".

LOL

I think she meant to protect herself from your advances

Yup ! I guess I could borrow his wife's frying pan.

You *do* have a *thing* for her, don't you?

Dogman has a thing for any female who's breathing ! heh

Is that right? Funny I'd never noticed that.

Old January 19th 11, 01:44 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Alison[_3_]

"Dogman" wrote in message

That doesn't count our 134,456,000 illegal aliens.

--
Dogman

We have a few of those too!
Ali

Old January 19th 11, 08:48 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Jo Wolf

Anyone thought of starting a new thread, maybe? I figure we've got
about 600 topics now in this one. {BIG GRIN} I can't think of an
appropriate subject line..... so I guess I'll take the dogs out on this
LOVELY, WARM (low 60s) afternoon and get some rays myself......

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia

Old July 5th 14, 12:30 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

On Friday, January 7, 2011 5:25:29 PM UTC-5, Holly wrote:
My dog Jasper absolutely loves to meet new people. When we're out on
the walking trails, he likes to run up to other people to greet them .
He would never bite or hurt anybody, he just wants to say hi, and for
people to pet him. I had a rather upsetting incident today . we were
out on our regular walking route, when we encounter this youngish
looking guy(I'd say maybe about late 20's early 30's) coming towards
us from opposite directions, so Jasper immediately runs over, and
started sniffing his leg. He just walked around Jasper and kept on
walking, totally ignoring him.

Me: Don't worry, he's perfectly friendly.
Him: I don't care, I don't want to play with your dog, leave me alone,
not everyone loves dogs you know.

I was in absolute shock. I really can't believe the nerve of this
asshole. Would it have killed him to just take few moments to pet
Jasper. What kind of a loser doesn't like dogs anyway.

I just needed to vent

Plain and simple: SOME PEOPLE ARE MORE PROTECTIVE OVER THEIR PERSONAL SPACE THAN OTHERS. Our society has become so anal and excessively drawn to respecting unwritten "doggie code" that it is now socially UNacceptable to push a dog away that has violated your personal space. In NO circumstance or in ANY event is EVER acceptable to have a creature charge up on you because "he or she is just being playful". Cut the ****. A dog is an animal and keep that animal away from me because I never said it was ok for it to approach me, let alone touch me! Yeah, how about I run up and start jumping on your 6 year old daughter and grabbing at her because "I am just being playful?" No, because I would ****ing go to prison, where I'd belong because I did NOT respect another individual's PERSONAL SPACE. If you own a dog, keep it in check and keep it on a leash and maybe ASK SOMEONE FIRST if they would like to pet your dog??!! And hey, if they push Little Rover or Princess (God if I run into one more ****ing dog named "Princess"!!) away for jumping up on them then guess what...THAT'S ON YOU!! KEEP YOUR DOG IN IT'S RIGHTFUL PLACE!!