another eevil pit bull story

Old October 3rd 03, 06:53 PM
culprit

Default another eevil pit bull story

i live near a small farming town, and there is always a good roadside veggie
stand nearby. i headed into town yesterday to find some pumpkins (it being
that time of year and all), and parked near a big pickem up truck. now,
this was your typical small town pickem up truck, with big ass tires and a
gun rack in the back, as well as stickers declaring the owner's dislike of
competing brands of vehicles. in the back of this truck, was a beautiful
red nosed pit bull. he had those amazing pale green eyes that the red dogs
often have, and he looked like he needed some love.
so i did what my SO always tells me not to do. i walked up to the truck and
offered the beast my nose. he responded with a big ol' kiss, and we were
fast friends. i gave him some ear scritches, some cheek rubs, and a butt
scratch or two. he responded with some tail thumping and lots and lots of
kisses.
suddenly, out comes dad. you know the guy, mesh backed ball cap promoting a
particularly cheap brand of whiskey, cut off jean jacket with an incredibly
old death metal tee shirt beneath. his response was, "what the f#ck are you
doin' to mah dawg?" and then a bewildered, "hey, he likes you." i just
smiled and told him i had two pit bulls at home, and i just wanted to say
hi. he looked over at my Audi, looked back at me, kind of shook his head
and said, "come on boy" and invited the dog into the cab of the truck.

i think i confused him.

-kelly

Old October 3rd 03, 07:23 PM
culprit

"Handsome "Jack" Morrison" wrote in message
On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 10:53:28 -0700, "culprit"
wrote:

so i did what my SO always tells me not to do. i walked up to the truck

and
offered the beast my nose.

Nice story...but I can't say strongly enough that what you did was
INCREDIBLY stupid.

it was a pit bull. i'd never walk up to a truck with a GSD or other
protective type dog in it.

-kelly

Old October 3rd 03, 08:04 PM
culprit

"Handsome "Jack" Morrison" wrote in message

Nope, off the top of my head, I can't think of anything stupider.

alrighty then. thanks for the vote of confidence.

and HAND!!!

-kelly

Old October 3rd 03, 08:24 PM
culprit

"Handsome "Jack" Morrison" wrote in message
I hope that in your zeal to protect the reputation of the pitbull, a
very noble pursuit, and one in which I share with you, you don't end
up losing your pretty little face in the process. Not to mention
further damage the reputation you're actually trying to protect.

I've always known that it's impossible to protect stupid people from
themselves, but it's always been my goal to at least try to protect
the breed from them.

I should have known better.

i hope you aren't implying that i'm stupid. that would be incredibly rude,
as well as completely incorrect.

that said, i'm confidant in my ability to read overtly friendly body
language in a breed of which i own two. i certainly wouldn't approach a dog
who wasn't inviting me over, with tail wagging, ears slightly back, and a
lovely submissive grin on their face.

i understand that you think calling me stupid will magically cause me to
wake up and see the error of my ways, but you might want to rethink your
strategy. it's not very effective in most people.

-kelly
waiting for the name calling to begin.