E-Collars - with Vibrator?

Old March 23rd 04, 04:33 PM
flick

I have a deaf Dal here in rescue, and I did some reading on deaf dogs.
Apparently some people use a vibrating collar to help train them. You might
find useful info on vibrating collars if you did a Google on that. Maybe
"vibrating collar" "+deaf dog" "+training" or some such.

flick 100785

"Lazy Senior" wrote in message
Well I am ready to buy a another e-collar. Many of you have been
following the "Training collar for a BIG Dog thread". I appreciate the
intellegent comments I got on that thread, the nasty and unkind comments
I just ignored - this is after all usenet.

My dog is a very fun loving energetic Black Lab.

I have decided on a Dogtra brand collar. I just need a little help
deciding which model.

At present I am using a Innotek SD 100 which has a beep function in
adddition to a zapper. I use the beep function regularly to get my dogs
attention while off leash in my back yard. This usually works great
unless the distraction is intense and then I use the zapper.

The Dogtra models do not have a beep function. However some models do
have a vibrator function (called a pager by Dogtra). Has anyone had an
experience with a zapper / vibrator collar. Would the vibrator be
similar in results to the beeper I use on the Innotek?

Or should I just get a zapper only model? The models I am looking at are
the 1200NC and 1200NCP model. They also make a 200NCP model (with the
vibrator). This model is considerably cheaper than the 1200 series. My
concern with this model is does it have as much zapping power as the
1200 series?

I dont want to get a model that is underpowered in the zapper
department. I feel my Innotek is underpowered since my dog ignores all
power settings except #4 which is maximum.

Thanks
Lazy Senior

---

Old March 23rd 04, 04:41 PM
J1Boss

Diddy wrote:

Why not techtronics?

Or even TRITronics. A quality collar, although my Innotek has done fine for my
uses.

Janet Boss
Best Friends Dog Obedience
"Nice Manners for the Family Pet"
Voted "Best of Baltimore 2001" - Baltimore Magazine
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
http://photos.yahoo.com/bestfriendsobedience

Old March 23rd 04, 04:55 PM
J1Boss

I have a deaf Dal here in rescue, and I did some reading on deaf dogs.
Apparently some people use a vibrating collar to help train them.

low level stim is useful with deaf dogs as well - the vibration isn't much
different.