Puppies

Old October 9th 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

Default Puppies

Tara spoke these words of wisdom in
4.196:

"tiny dancer" wrote in
:

"Tara" wrote in message
4.196...
Janet Boss wrote in

"tiny dancer" wrote:

Since we are all novices "but I don't know nuthin 'bout birthin'
no babies, Mizz Scarlett" any advice would be appreciated.

Google Montana's saga - a lot of good stuff there and you can sit
and read, and read, and read, and then - see adorable puppies!

Paying special attention to diddy's Super Puppy journal website when
that comes up. I suspect that montana's going that extra mile (or
three) had a hand in the ultimate success of placing her puppies.

Tara

The woman Robin met at the spay van who offered to help is apparently
with some rescue in Franklin county here. She said they would do
background checks and such on potential adoptee's. Since that's in
the future, we really haven't even begun to background check her or
what ever organization she is speaking for yet, but I guess that's
something we ought to do too?

No. Super Puppy has nothing to do with home selection.

Given your reply to me in another thread, I'm sadly less inclined to
help you. I'm sure someone will give you the details.

Tara

td, is the
birthing process of Tuck and his development notes to give you an idea of
normal/not normal/preparations/what to watch/when to watch etc.
Old October 9th 07, 05:03 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer

"diddy" none wrote in message
. ..
Tara spoke these words of wisdom in
4.196:

"tiny dancer" wrote in
:

"Tara" wrote in message
4.196...
Janet Boss wrote in

"tiny dancer" wrote:

[...]

Forwarded this one to my email diddy, thanks. I'm going to send it to my
daughter too.

best,

td

Old October 9th 07, 05:07 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer

"Tara" wrote in message
4.196...
"tiny dancer" wrote in
:

snipped

No. Super Puppy has nothing to do with home selection.

Given your reply to me in another thread, I'm sadly less inclined to
help you. I'm sure someone will give you the details.

Tara

I generally *reply* to people in the same vein to which they have addressed
me. Now sometimes here lately, while under attack, I might slip up
occasionally. For those I apologize. I believe you stated something in a
post about how *you* are feeling under attack. Well, I'm feeling about the
same.

td

Old October 9th 07, 05:11 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Tara

"tiny dancer" wrote in
:

"Tara" wrote in message
4.196...
"tiny dancer" wrote in
:

snipped

No. Super Puppy has nothing to do with home selection.

Given your reply to me in another thread, I'm sadly less inclined to
help you. I'm sure someone will give you the details.

Tara

I generally *reply* to people in the same vein to which they have
addressed me. Now sometimes here lately, while under attack, I might
slip up occasionally. For those I apologize. I believe you stated
something in a post about how *you* are feeling under attack. Well,
I'm feeling about the same.

Yeah well.

I am not attacking you.

But you called me out anyway.

Nice job.

And for the record, vague apologies to "whoever" are kind of pointless
when you are speaking directly *to* someone that you have just gone
after for something they haven't done.

I'm still struggling to stay neutral.

And you're still making that harder and harder.

Though, if we end up having issues, it will be completely *seperate*
from any issues you have here with anyone else. They will be a direct
result of how this is handled.

Tara
Old October 9th 07, 05:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

On Oct 9, 11:40 am, Tara wrote:
"tiny dancer" wrote :

"Tara" wrote in message
. 64.196...
Janet Boss wrote in

"tiny dancer" wrote:

[...]

Just an observation of my own personal opinion on situations such as
this. Regardless of any spite I feel towards someone for something
they have done, I disregard it when it comes to the animals involved.
My conscience would not allow me to not help someone in a situation
such as this where the lives of defenseless animals are in the
balance, regardless of how upset I am with the person involved. But
your conscience may say otherwise, and you are free to follow yours,
but if you don't want to help, why post that you aren't willing to
help, why not just not say anything?

Now I am electing to not supply any advice because I have no personal
experience in this area and as such any advice is going to be of a
much lower caliber than that of others here.

Nick

Old October 9th 07, 05:36 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Tara

"
wrote in
ps.com:

But
your conscience may say otherwise, and you are free to follow yours,
but if you don't want to help, why post that you aren't willing to
help, why not just not say anything?

Because she's willing to disuss any help I could provide, but unwilling to
acknowledge what's going on. And I suppose because I am different that you
are.

If I ever thought harm would come to those puppies, don't think for a
second I wouldn't jump in and help no matter WHO was involved. That's just
a wrongwrongwrong assumption. I knew there would be plenty of people here
who would provide info.

Tara
Old October 9th 07, 06:25 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

On Oct 9, 12:36 pm, Tara wrote:
"
wrote oups.com:

But
your conscience may say otherwise, and you are free to follow yours,
but if you don't want to help, why post that you aren't willing to
help, why not just not say anything?

Because she's willing to disuss any help I could provide, but unwilling to
acknowledge what's going on. And I suppose because I am different that you
are.

I don't expect you to be the same as me, at least now I know why you
chose to post. It's your prerogative, I was merely curious why bring
up that you could help but that you didn't want to. Please don't take
the following as directed at you, but at the newsgroup as a whole.
From what I see, the long drawn out fights between people only seem to

be drawn out further when they start crossing threads and when they
start bringing out ancient history. I've had my own share of fights
between people, and I try to not spread them beyond the containment of
their own thread when they are not directly related to the new thread
and involving dogs. I also try to let dead issues remain dead, which
certain people in the current fight seem to be doing a lot, every time
a fight breaks out between them (I do not think I've seen you do this,
so definitely not directed at you). These are merely neutral
observations as I hold no current animosity towards anyone involved in
the fight. These are simply my reasons for why I would have remained
silent were I in your position with td. It is a free public medium
and you are free to post as you see fit, and it didn't really bother
me that you did bring it up I was just curious why you chose to post.

If I ever thought harm would come to those puppies, don't think for a
second I wouldn't jump in and help no matter WHO was involved. That's just
a wrongwrongwrong assumption. I knew there would be plenty of people here
who would provide info.

Tara

I don't think any true harm would come to the puppies, but in my mind,
the more information the better, even if it is duplicated from
multiple sources. I did not assume you would let true harm come to
them(at least not in my mind, converting my thoughts to writing is not
one of my best areas, so my writing might have seemed like I did). If
I HAD to make an assumption about most everyone here, I would assume
the opposite. As I said, it's your right to post as you see fit, I
was just making an observation out of curiosity.

Nick

Old October 9th 07, 06:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Tara

"
wrote in
oups.com:

From what I see, the long drawn out fights between people only seem to
be drawn out further when they start crossing threads and when they
start bringing out ancient history.

Sure.

Ancient history is one thing.

less than an hour ago is another.

Tara
Old October 9th 07, 06:28 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer

"Tara" wrote in message
4.196...
"tiny dancer" wrote in
:

"Tara" wrote in message
4.196...
"tiny dancer" wrote in
:

snipped

[...]

You know, I've said this before, 'the internet, while fun and interesting,
doesn't allow people to actually see the person they are speaking to, nor
does it allow people to hear tone of voice, attitude, etc.' I personally
find that to be a negative, because in real life I am a tease. I'm a joker,
I'm a good friend to my *friends* and try to be a good neighbor to those
around me. I have actually talked to many of my online friends on the
phone, and do intend to meet up with any I am able to.

Perhaps I am mistaken, but to me anyway, it *felt* like you were attacking
me. If you weren't and it felt like I was unnecessarily attacking you, I
apologize to you personally.

I do have something to say, and I'm sticking it here for no other reason
than it's been formulating in my mind the last couple days.

I'm wondering if the other *attackers* actually have any real life black
friends? Because I do, and those friends seem to have the same 'prejudices'
that I have. I have a good friend who teaches elementary school. She is
often times upset by the nature of our school system here because we do and
have always *bussed* for integration. It doesn't matter where you live,
across the street from school, doesn't matter. If that school is over it's
70/30 ratio, your kid gets bussed to a different school. Now my friend,
(I'm assuming it to be understood this friend is black), complains to me all
the time about how hard it is for her to teach grade school kids when her
class has such diverse backgrounds. Her words, not mine. Everything from
the fact that some kids 'have more' material things, to the lifetime
experiences of different kids. Things they will say and do in class.

My neighbor in my old neighborhood is also black. She had a business in her
home, keeping wealthy elderly women as a private, in-care nursing home
arrangement.

I'm certainly not going to list my 'black friends' here, but to a tee, every
single one of them expresses *prejudice*. At first it shocked me, but it no
longer does, and hasn't for years because many of my friends are friends
I've had for well over 20 years. I don't use the language they do, because
I'm not comfortable with it myself. Each of them at varying times, have
*explained* to me that there are blacks and there are ni**ers. As I said, I
don't use the term because I personally find it offensive. So I'll use what
I use in reference here. "Tiny, there are blacks and then there are ghetto,
and everybody knows it." They will send me 'ghetto' jokes, discuss various
aspects of politics or various different black leaders, as to whether or not
they agree with their position on what ever issue is the current one, etc.

Now I don't know how to explain this in writing, because it's something I
have to work out in my own mind and sometimes, for me anyway, I find it hard
to put into proper context/wording etc. Lots of times I'm still
flabbergasted by some of the stuff they will spout off about. And no, none
of my black friends knows each other. Some are my own personal friends,
some are people my husband works with, some are my daughters friends. Most
of them don't *know* each other because they come from different parts of my
life. Actually, I must correct that, the ones that are my daughters'
friends do know each other because they all worked together as
microbiologists in the same lab. And they've all been to my house and even
invited me to go on one of their 'vacation trips' with them once. Before my
daughter had her twins, all the girls from the lab would take three or four
trips throughout the year together. They usually go to Asheville, to a
particular spa there and kick back for a few days, relaxing and sightseeing,
horseback riding, etc. So one time they were going on a "Mystery Weekend"
at The Biltmore Inn and invited me to come along. We had a great time.
They have always referred to my daughter as *cracker*, a derogatory name
down here for whites. Of course they are joking, teasing, making fun of
everything. When they get together, the 'talking ****' flies. As I said, I
had a great time with all the girls and they invited me back any time. We
shared rooms at the hotel. That's how they managed to take such frequent
trips so inexpensively. No boyfriends or husbands allowed, it was just
'girl time'.

Okay, I say all this because I know for a fact, the black friends I do have,
would have had the exact same reaction to the neighbor of ours. They would
have called him 'ghetto' for needing a bad-assed looking dog. And when any
of them come out here to see our new house, I can bet you money, if they see
the dog or if I tell them about it, that is exactly what they will say. Now
perhaps life in NYC is different, I don't know. I've never been there. But
around here anyway, there is a clear distinction between what is acceptable
and what isn't. And the reason for that is because, as they've explained to
me, 'they' don't like being lumped into the same category as *ghetto*. They
resent any hints of stereotypical behaviors. Over the years I've come to
understand their way of thinking. I've likened it to stuff I've experienced
myself in my life. There have been times, especially when my kids were
young, where I've been super busy and run out to pick up something without
'fixing myself up'. And those times I've done it, I've noticed the
*difference* in the way I'm treated in a 'snooty type' store. Because I
happened to run in there in my jeans and sweatshirt. Now I can go into that
same store after I've put on my make-up, my jacket and pants outfit, changed
out the contents of my 'run around' sack to one of my name brand handbags,
etc., and suddenly, rather than having somebody following me around to see
what it is I'm about to shoplift, I've got sales people 'wanting to assist
me'.

So before anyone jumps to the conclusion that I'm a racist, I personally
don't think I am. Do I have prejudices, probably. But none that are any
different from those mostly everyone who is honest with themselves admits
to. Am I 'uncomfortable' around certain people? Hell yes. The time I've
been the most *uncomfortable* was in a certain area of Durham, as we parked
next to a pick-up with a couple red-necks in it and a couple big guns in
their gun rack. I felt scared as hell that time. Actually, if I want to be
perfectly honest, I'm usually more ill at ease when I run into large groups
of rednecks who dress just like the guys in Deliverance. I tend to wear
overalls a lot. I like 'em, they are cheap and comfortable, especially when
I'm working around the house or taking care of the grandkids. Well one time
when I was out alone, after dark, this big guy, I swear looking so much like
the big guy in Deliverance, also dressed in over-alls, began giving me the
once over, way too familiar like. I was freaked to say the least. After I
got home I told my husband about the 'big guy' in overalls, looking me over
like I was about to be kidnapped and hauled up a mountain somewhere to be
his new *mrs*. That guy gave me the creeps big time.

So anyway, enough blabbering. I'm certain the duo will have something to
pull out of all this and throw back at me. As for specifying the neighbor
guy is black. yeah, I could have kept that quiet, but I didn't. If you
discover nothing else about me, I am basically honest and say what I think.
And no, I'm not the least bit concerned 'there goes the neighborhood'. My
only concern is for that puppy. The *attitude* of the guy, when we were
talking bothered me a lot. The numerous times he stated 'it was just for
appearance' coupled with my discovering this wasn't to be a *family* dog, it
was going to be kept kenneled at the very back of the yard in one of those
big wire-fenced enclosures. I counted up the number of dogs on this road
and got to 20 plus. This guy has the only pit bull though, and he's got the
only kenneled dog, and he's got the only dog that has no more ears. To me
anyway, living in this particular *area*, that tells me something about what
I think is going on here, and that would be dog-fighting. The guy is also
not planning on neutering. I should have thought faster, and I'd have asked
him 'how he managed to get homeowners insurance?' because I don't know of
ANY insurance company that will insure a home that has a pit bull. I
checked it out awhile back when we were changing homeowners policies. We've
had a number of hurricanes blow through here in the summer and an inordinate
number of ice storms in the winter, with lots of insurance claims in our
area, so obtaining homeowners is really getting sticky to say the least.
Having a full bred pit bull is enough for refusal. No matter if you obtain
an excess liability policy or not. They simply will not insure your home.
I don't know about other areas, I only know about my own. And I'm the type
of person who likes to find out all I can about where I live. So the next
time I see him I am going to casually ask 'what company will insure you,
because I'd like to know for future reference.' The reason I was checking
out home owners to begin with was because I did not want to buy insurance
from companies who are breed banning without any sort of personal discovery
as to the temperament of a dog.

td

Old October 9th 07, 06:45 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

On Oct 9, 1:27 pm, Tara wrote:
"
wrote groups.com:

From what I see, the long drawn out fights between people only seem to
be drawn out further when they start crossing threads and when they
start bringing out ancient history.

Sure.

Ancient history is one thing.

less than an hour ago is another.

Tara

In your case I would refer to it being crossing of threads. Your
allowed to do it, I'm just making an observation as to what effect it
has on the degree of magnitude of the fight. I believe I later
pointed out that I didn't see you dragging up dead issues which I
equate(although not in that post, stupid me for not being clear) to
ancient history. It is other people on both sides of that fight that
keep dragging up ancient history, I was just giving a general
observation about the newsgroup as a whole.

Nick