OT Christmas Dinner

Old December 27th 03, 04:19 PM
Lee DeRaud

On 27 Dec 2003 12:11:04 GMT, dogsnus wrote:

Lee DeRaud wrote in
:

On 26 Dec 2003 11:42:35 GMT, dogsnus wrote:

Maybe not, but some German pastries make *excellent* boat anchors.

Yeah...like we're not already hip-deep in fruitcake this time of year.

Did you get a fruitcake this year, Lee?
You can send it here, if you don't like it.

You got any idea how much UPS charges to ship boat anchors?

Lee

Old December 27th 03, 11:03 PM
Judy

"Cate" wrote in message
"shelly" wrote in message
arble.net...

i always wonder what on *earth* prompted the first
haggis-maker to stuff a bunch of blood and nasty bits into a
sheep's stomach in the first place. what kinda crack was s/he
smoking?!

C'mon. It's a hobo pack without the waste of using aluminum foil. True
conservation--no need for recycling.

My guess would be that it was somehow connected to the use of intestines for
sausage casings. It's a similar concept.

And no, I haven't ever used the real thing for sausage but yes, I do know
people who have. It involves a LOT of washing them out first.

~~Judy