hip dysplasia

Old August 22nd 05, 08:39 AM
val val is offline
Junior Member

Question hip dysplasia

HI, I live in Cape Town South Africa. I have a pedigreed German Shepherd who is going to be 10 yrs old on the 27th August 2005. Bianca has been diagnosed with hip dysplasia on her one hip. According to her papers her lineage was free of this disease. Our veterinarian diagnosis is to cut off her hip joint and she would be able to walk with the help of her muscles.
Has anyone any other methods which could help my dog.
Old November 7th 05, 07:09 PM
morgan4eva morgan4eva is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by val
HI, I live in Cape Town South Africa. I have a pedigreed German Shepherd who is going to be 10 yrs old on the 27th August 2005. Bianca has been diagnosed with hip dysplasia on her one hip. According to her papers her lineage was free of this disease. Our veterinarian diagnosis is to cut off her hip joint and she would be able to walk with the help of her muscles.
Has anyone any other methods which could help my dog.

My dog has only just been diagnosed with hip dysplasia. it was very upsetting. she is 1 years old.
people have been talking about these arthuritis collars which act as pain realivers?
is it true?

Hip Dysplasia in the Border Collie Tracy Custer Dog health 4 June 20th 05 06:00 PM
Hip Dysplasia Surgery? NewsGroups Dog health 3 January 11th 05 10:16 PM
Hip Dysplasia Surgery? NewsGroups Dogs - general 3 January 11th 05 10:16 PM
Hip Dysplasia Steve Dog health 26 September 26th 03 08:36 PM
Hip Dysplasia Steve Dog health 0 September 15th 03 01:05 AM