A dog & canine forum. DogBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » DogBanter forum » About DogBanter » About this forum
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

hip dysplasia

Old August 22nd 05, 08:39 AM

First recorded activity by DogBanter: Aug 2005
Question hip dysplasia

HI, I live in Cape Town South Africa. I have a pedigreed German Shepherd who is going to be 10 yrs old on the 27th August 2005. Bianca has been diagnosed with hip dysplasia on her one hip. According to her papers her lineage was free of this disease. Our veterinarian diagnosis is to cut off her hip joint and she would be able to walk with the help of her muscles.
Has anyone any other methods which could help my dog.
Old November 7th 05, 07:09 PM

First recorded activity by DogBanter: Nov 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by val
HI, I live in Cape Town South Africa. I have a pedigreed German Shepherd who is going to be 10 yrs old on the 27th August 2005. Bianca has been diagnosed with hip dysplasia on her one hip. According to her papers her lineage was free of this disease. Our veterinarian diagnosis is to cut off her hip joint and she would be able to walk with the help of her muscles.
Has anyone any other methods which could help my dog.

My dog has only just been diagnosed with hip dysplasia. it was very upsetting. she is 1 years old.
people have been talking about these arthuritis collars which act as pain realivers?
is it true?