Dangerous dog toy IMPORTANT

Old August 29th 08, 02:25 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Bettina Jordan

Default Dangerous dog toy IMPORTANT

Subject: Dangerous dog toy IMPORTANT

ALL pet owners PLEASE cross post so this does not happen to another dog!

http://www.thechaistory.blogspot.com/

Old August 30th 08, 04:41 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
S.Smith

"Bettina Jordan" wrote in message

ALL pet owners PLEASE cross post so this does not happen to another dog!

http://www.thechaistory.blogspot.com/

My heart goes out to you and Chai. You are doing a great job trying to get
him back up on his feet.
I will send out your story to animal lovers. I have checked all my dogs toys
and all seem to be safe. None are like the
one you had.
Best to you and Chai.
Shirley

Old August 31st 08, 05:16 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Dale Atkin

Just so people don't get the apparently mistaken impression that the company
that makes these things is sitting around doing nothing about it, this is
the e-mail I got back from the company questioning them about this. It
sounds like yes they've had problems (redesign and added a second hole, and
then the hole getting plugged in the manufacturing process causing a repeat
of the same problem), but they are addressing the issue:

-------------------------------
Thank you very much for your email message. Like you, Four Paws is deeply
concerned about reports of injuries suffered by some dogs as a result of a
manufacturing defect in some of our Pimple Ball toys.

We want you to know that we have stopped shipping these toys to our
distributors and we have asked them to have retailers immediately remove the
toys from their shelves and return them at our expense.

We have also stopped all shipments of the toys from the manufacturer, and we
are sending Executive Vice President Barry Askin to personally inspect the
manufacturer's facility in order to make sure that the defect has been
corrected. The ball was designed with two holes to eliminate risk of
suction. Unfortunately, in the production of some balls, the smaller second
hole became blocked on the inside, thus making it hard to detect the defect
with the naked eye.

As a result, in addition to repairing the toy molds, we are also changing
the packaging of the Pimple Balls. The packaging change will result in a
tie that must clear both holes, thus insuring there are always two clear
holes in the toy.

If you purchased a Four Paws Pimple Ball with Bell toy, please immediately
take the toy away from your pet. Instructions to return the toy are posted
on our website www.fourpaws.com.

Thank you again for your message and your concern. Please be assured that
the safety and well being of pets is our top priority and we are doing
everything we can to make sure that this problem is solved as quickly as
possible.

Sincerely,

Allen Simon
President/CEO