Where's the harm in Usenet foolishness? LYNN KILLMOOREPUPPIES

Old June 23rd 03, 05:55 PM
Sionnach

Default Where's the harm in Usenet foolishness? LYNN KILLMOOREPUPPIES

"Lynn K." wrote in message ...
WHO WRITES UP THOSE REPORTS that gets those puppies killed?

Read the post you dug up, idiot. Any injury
that breaks the skin means rabies quarantine
and any physician treating such an injury has
to report it. I don't know of any state in the
US that doesn't have that kind of public health
laws.

Er- it's not the law in Maryland, or if it is it's certainly not enforced.
I've had emergency-room treatment for a serious dog bite, and not only was
it not reported, nobody even mentioned reporting it.
And I know of dogs who were reported for biting and NOT quarantined; only
time I know of a dog being quarantined was in a case where the dog's rabies
shots were out of date.

Old June 23rd 03, 06:43 PM
Gwen Watson

Sionnach wrote:

"Lynn K." wrote in message ...
WHO WRITES UP THOSE REPORTS that gets those puppies killed?

Read the post you dug up, idiot. Any injury
that breaks the skin means rabies quarantine
and any physician treating such an injury has
to report it. I don't know of any state in the
US that doesn't have that kind of public health
laws.

Er- it's not the law in Maryland, or if it is it's certainly not enforced.
I've had emergency-room treatment for a serious dog bite, and not only was
it not reported, nobody even mentioned reporting it.

Same here in this part of Texas. I wouldn't go so far as to say *all* of
Texas but I do know of a case where dog bit little girl in face. Because
they were friends with dog owner nothing ever came of it. It wasn't
reported for sure.

Gwen

Old June 23rd 03, 08:06 PM
Gwen Watson

sionnach wrote:

"Gwen Watson" wrote:

Same here in this part of Texas. I wouldn't go so far as to say *all* of
Texas but I do know of a case where dog bit little girl in face. Because
they were friends with dog owner nothing ever came of it. It wasn't
reported for sure.

Did the child go to doctor for treatment?

Yes there were stitches involved.

Gwen