Dog crying

Old October 6th 16, 05:11 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Dog crying

Hi

We have a West Highland Terrier, female, about 5 years old.
The guy next door recently and very politely told us that she is
crying/howling when left alone. We had no idea and recorded her ----------
it was awful.
Okay, when we go out she stays for a few hours with friends and their kids.
She loves these people to bits!
I have just found out that she is crying/howling even with them.

Separation anxiety I understand, Goggled it.
Could it be that the dog is so attached to us that she can't bear us not to
be there? She is fine when one of us is there.
We have tried calming tablets, didn't work.

Old October 7th 16, 09:35 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On Thu, 6 Oct 2016 17:11:27 +0100, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
wrote:

[Apologizing in advance for top-posting]

There are ways to deal with separation anxiety but this case sounds a
bit odd because the dog's not being left alone. More details about the
crying/howling behavior are needed. When did it first start? How long
after you leave the dog with these people does it begin? What triggers
it? How long does it last? Etc.

If you have access to a dog behaviorist you might want to ask them
about this.

--
Bob
The joint that time is out of
Old October 7th 16, 03:26 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

wrote:

[Apologizing in advance for top-posting]

There are ways to deal with separation anxiety but this case sounds a
bit odd because the dog's not being left alone. More details about the
crying/howling behavior are needed. When did it first start? How long
after you leave the dog with these people does it begin? What triggers
it? How long does it last? Etc.

If you have access to a dog behaviorist you might want to ask them
about this.

We first found out about 3 months ago from the guy next door. He said it
started about 2 weeks before he mentioned it.
When we recorded her she kicked off after about an hour. It did not last for
long - about 20 seconds but she did it several times.
At the friends house I'm told she kicks off just after we leave, even though
there are people there!
Seems that a light tap on her bum and a raised voice shouting "Shut up"
makes her shut up.
It would seem that the trigger is us not being there.

Thanks for coming back to me.