Police: Puppy Shot Man Trying To Kill Dogs

Old September 9th 04, 02:26 PM
Gwen Watson

Default Police: Puppy Shot Man Trying To Kill Dogs

Handsome Jack Morrison wrote:

Who says there ain't a God?

http://www.local6.com/news/3716897/detail.html

Pretty amazing story. I hope the jerk gets some time for this.

Gwen

Old September 9th 04, 06:06 PM
zxcvbob

Gwen Watson wrote:

Handsome Jack Morrison wrote:

Who says there ain't a God?

http://www.local6.com/news/3716897/detail.html

Pretty amazing story. I hope the jerk gets some time for this.

Gwen

Can you explain to me why this was felony animal cruelty? And why did
they seize his rifle? Killing puppies is monsterous, but the main thing
he did wrong was breeding a dog when he didn't want the puppies, or not
spaying the dog that he didn't intend to breed. A .38 to the head is
less cruel than turning the pups out to fend for themselves.

I've read that healthy white boxer puppies are routinely killed by
breeders and I've never heard of anyone being jailed for it.

The karma of him getting shot by the puppy was kind of cool. Fine him
$100 for unlawfully discharging a firearm and the embarrassment of the
whole situation should be punishment enough.

(The article smells of gun control propaganda disguised as a human
interest story to me.)

Best regards,
Bob

Old September 9th 04, 06:12 PM
Tee

"zxcvbob" wrote in message

Can you explain to me why this was felony animal cruelty? And why did
they seize his rifle? Killing puppies is monsterous, but the main thing
he did wrong was breeding a dog when he didn't want the puppies, or not
spaying the dog that he didn't intend to breed. A .38 to the head is
less cruel than turning the pups out to fend for themselves.

I've read that healthy white boxer puppies are routinely killed by
breeders and I've never heard of anyone being jailed for it.

White Boxer puppies are rarely culled anymore, thankfully. When it was done
(and those who still do it), its done as soon as they are birthed. They are
not permitted to eat, open their eyes or grow into 3mo puppies. I'm not
saying its right but IMO that kind of killing is not quite the same as
shooting 3mo puppies. One can hope that the man in this story had perfect
aim and the pups who were killed didn't feel anything.

--
Tara