Advice needed

Old July 11th 03, 07:38 PM
Jo

Default Advice needed

I have a chihuahua, which has not been socialized as a puppy and possibly
mistreated. I got him at 12 months after he had been with another couple.
He is very loving with my family but extremely fearful of other people. He
settles down when others are seated but as soon as they attempt to get up ,
he starts barking and then backing up when faced by the person. I take him
regularly to the Vet's office to get his nails cut and he is very quiet
there but manages to poop and pee on the floor of the office.-quite
embarrassing! Any ideas on what to do about these traits?

Lastly, I want to add a bigger dog to the household but I am afraid of
rescuing one in case that my little guy may challege another dog and get the
worst of it. Was thinking of a lab. Have had many big dogs in the
past-Newf, German Shep., Berners and another chi. I had all as puppies and
they went to obedience school except chi. Never any behavior problems with
them. This chi is very different. He is neutered I might add.

I would appreciate any suggestions-except from HOWE. Thank yu.

Joanne

--
"This is the day that the Lord has made.
Let us rejoice and be glad in it". Ps.118:24