Wait, what? It went that-a-way!

Old November 10th 08, 04:28 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Robin Nuttall

Default Wait, what? It went that-a-way!

Took the dogs for a walk at the local research farm tonight. We started
out, as we often do, down the south farm road. This year there's a
cornfield right beside the road, maybe a football field in length. Dunno
why they haven't harvested it, it's more than ready.

Because it's freaking COLD for this time of year and I have nekkid dogs,
everybody had a coat on Viva a dark green, Cala bright red (hey,
Christmas is coming) and Zipper dark purple (um, Easter?).

As usual, the dogs were way ahead of me going down the line of corn.
Then Cala and Zipper took off at a dead run. At first I thought they
were just running, but I then saw Cala, almost at the end of the
cornfield, start to lower her head and just in front of her, so close to
her all I could see was a tuft of fluff, was a rabbit.

Oh boy, I thought rabbit was toast. But last second it veered off into
the corn and right behind it crashed both Cala and Mr. Purple. Next
thing I knew, I heard something beating hell for leather. It was the
rabbit, only two rows into the corn, flying right by me going the
opposite direction. Then came a red coat, then a purple coat. Viva was
too dignified to pile into the corn (oh, how age changes a dog...)

They didn't catch it, but it was a pretty funny sight seeing Mr Rabbit
fleeing in terror from wimpy nekkid dogs who have to wear coats.
Old November 10th 08, 06:09 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Nessa[_2_]

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 03:28:05 GMT, Robin Nuttall
wrote:

[...]

oh what a great story... I'm glad the rabbit got away.
Best Wishes,

Nessa
----
Dog Mom to:
Hannah age 6.5 Pitador rescued age 9 weeks
Harley age 10 months Landseer Newfoundland
(Angel) Bagel went to Rainbow Bridge 9/18/08 my Newfandstuff age 8.5
Old November 10th 08, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Robin Nuttall wrote in

They didn't catch it, but it was a pretty funny sight seeing Mr
Rabbit fleeing in terror from wimpy nekkid dogs who have to wear
coats.

Beware of wimpy nekkid dogs in coats! Srsly. Looks can be
deceiving. Harriet has caught more than her fair share of bunnies,
and she's the epitome of wimpy.

--
Shelly
Old November 11th 08, 03:44 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Frank Morris

Howdy Robin,
Damn coats will slow you down every time LOL.

Frank X. Morris http://community.webtv.net/Sulkhalil/ChimeandFriends