Sometimes I Dispair.....

Old May 4th 12, 06:42 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Jo Wolf

Default Sometimes I Dispair.....

of the US dog owning "public" {she says, tongue in cheek}. This week
I've happened to be nearest the phone at the dog training center during
classes, and have taken 1 or 2 calls during each class (3 classes so
far). But it was about the same last week.

"My dog is aggressive." "Oh. What is he doing when he's aggressive?"

1. "He starts to bark and his head is down and his butt is up and his
tail is going."

2. "Well, he kind of bounces toward the other dog, then bounces away
and runs a few feet and looks back, then does it all over again."

3. "She steals the old dog's toy and gets in front of him and pushes it
in his face."

4. "She just won't leave the old dog alone, and pulls on her ears, and
her tail, and her feet."

5. Plus the noisey "wrasling" recently discussed here.

6. "He makes these noises..." "Oh? What kinds of noises? Can you
imitate them?" Even the owner sounds like a Siberian Husky, which turns
out to be the breed....

7. "She caught a..." rat, mouse, lizard, squirrel. oppossum, bird.
"And what kind of dog is she?"

8. "Our Golden Retriever is a rescue and he tries to hold onto my
wife's arm all the time."

Taking what I've written at face value, are any of these dogs
aggressive?

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia, USA

Old May 4th 12, 04:10 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
MLB[_2_]

On 05/03/2012 11:42 PM, Jo Wolf wrote:
[...]

They sound playful to me. MLB
Old May 4th 12, 08:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
andal

On Fri, 04 May 2012 01:42:57 -0400, Jo Wolf wrote:

[...]

and here are two dogs like that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlT2F...hannel&list=UL

they do not live together, they just meet about once in a while,
the longer they do not see each other the more aggressive they are ;-)
Old May 5th 12, 06:11 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Jo Wolf

"Educate themselves" about such common behavior as play behavior? My
family didn't have a dog when I was a kid, but I learned about play
behavior from dogs in the neighborhood..... from observation and owner's
comments.... Got my first dog in my mid-30s....

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia, USA

Old May 20th 12, 11:00 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
cshenk

Jo Wolf wrote in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

of the US dog owning "public" {she says, tongue in cheek}. This week
I've happened to be nearest the phone at the dog training center
during classes, and have taken 1 or 2 calls during each class (3
classes so far). But it was about the same last week.

"My dog is aggressive." "Oh. What is he doing when he's
aggressive?"

1. "He starts to bark and his head is down and his butt is up and his
tail is going."

LOL! I tried to describe this long ago when Cash was new to me and got
my tail bitten off for calling it friendly dog behaviour. The bark is
a soft one, more like 'hello there'.

2. "Well, he kind of bounces toward the other dog, then bounces away
and runs a few feet and looks back, then does it all over again."

Aww! Puppy!

3. "She steals the old dog's toy and gets in front of him and pushes
it in his face."

I wanna play!

4. "She just won't leave the old dog alone, and pulls on her ears,
and her tail, and her feet."

Wanna play please?

5. Plus the noisey "wrasling" recently discussed here.

????

6. "He makes these noises..." "Oh? What kinds of noises? Can you
imitate them?" Even the owner sounds like a Siberian Husky, which
turns out to be the breed....

Snicker

7. "She caught a..." rat, mouse, lizard, squirrel. oppossum, bird.
"And what kind of dog is she?"

My awesome beagles are wierd and guarding the baby bunnies as they eat
my lettuce. Yes, my mutant beagles like to guard bunnies and also if a
baby bird falls in my yard, will bring it to me live in their mouth for
'mommie to make it better'. Well, actually that is Cash. Aunti mable
will get Cash to carry the birdie in.

8. "Our Golden Retriever is a rescue and he tries to hold onto my
wife's arm all the time."

LOL, no clue other than that may be why they call them retrievers? Not
familiar with them than other how they look! THat would be funny if
that is a related comment.

Taking what I've written at face value, are any of these dogs
aggressive?

Gulp, unless i missed something, none of them!