A dog & canine forum. DogBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » DogBanter forum » Dog forums » Dog behavior
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

John DeRosa's above comment

Old May 4th 16, 05:47 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default John DeRosa's above comment

I am a bit frustrated as my poor little pooch's rear end is perpetually stinky. Even after he has the glands fully expressed professionally his rear still smells not so pleasant. My other dog, who is his blood brother from another litter, has no issues with odor whatsoever. I should mention that the one with the smelly but is just kind of a stinky boy in general. I never see him scootching or licking his anal area though. I know it's probably TMI but his butt hole is never fully closed, like his sphincter muscles aren't pulling it closed all the way like it should be. I'm assuming that is what is contributing to the stench. I can have the glands expressed, put him in the bath, wash his butt thoroughly and it STILL reeks!