speechless

Old March 28th 08, 03:02 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

Default speechless

Because the boy seemed to have waning interest in Tuck a week ago thursday,
we decided to cut back and leave him wanting more. So we cut Thursday's
until he requested Tuck back.

But I thought the therapists were going to tell him. They assumed i was
going to tell him. We had issues in the classroom with the other kids
being so distracted that teaching was difficult, and the other students had
been warned that Tuck could not be in the classroom unless they conducted
themselves with him as if he were any other student.

A couple kids got in trouble for hitting each other last week, but their
behavior regarding Tuck was fine. We decided to discontinue Thursdays
simply because we didn't want to force Tuck on the boy, if his interest was
waning. No one told HIM.

Tuesday, Tuck was sick and didn't go in for his scheduled therapy sessions.
No one told him. Tuck just never showed up in his eyes.

When today came and went (I was supposed to take on Tuesday's therapy kids
on thursday, since we had cancelled thursdays, and Tuck was sick Tuesday, i
got called this morning, they forgot to tell me last week that there was a
field trip today. So i stayed home. Since Tuck's Therapy classes are all
second graders, with the exception of the single first grader, and the
kindergarten student. We stayed home today.
(The kid who doesn't speak in school) came home all upset and in tears. He
assumed Tuck had been taken away from him, and no one told him why. No one
told him he was being cut back to one day. No one told him Tuck was sick on
Tuesday. No one told him why he didn't come in today. The poor kid thought
he had screwed up and had been dumped. His mother called me after school,
and I explained what happened, and she told him, and he was SO HAPPY Tuck
had been ill! It meant he hadn't been rejected after all.

I can't believe no one ever thought to tell the kid.
Old March 28th 08, 04:15 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

Terri spoke these words of wisdom in
:

diddy none wrote in :

(The kid who doesn't speak in school) came home all upset and in tears.
He
assumed Tuck had been taken away from him, and no one told him why. No
one told him he was being cut back to one day. No one told him Tuck was
sick on Tuesday. No one told him why he didn't come in today. The poor
kid thought he had screwed up and had been dumped. His mother called me
after school, and I explained what happened, and she told him, and he
was SO HAPPY Tuck had been ill! It meant he hadn't been rejected after
all.

I can't believe no one ever thought to tell the kid.

Me either. In fact it really annoys me. This whole thing was to
get him to speak so how in the hell did they manage to lose sight
of that important goal by failing to keep him in the loop?

At any rate, it turned out okay so for that at least, we can
be thankful.

I was annoyed he hadn't been told. I would have told him about Thursdays
when I came in on tuesday, had Tuck not been ill. Expecting him to have
already been told. And I anticipated coming in today, until they called in
the wee hours of the morning telling me not to, because of the field trip.
They tried to reach me last night, but I was unavailable.

I assumed they had told those affected that were not on the field trip of
the change in plans.

I'm annoyed at the lack of communications,. I feel badly for the rejected
kid(s) --there was another one.

an I'm a little amused the kid was HAPPY Tuck was sick, and sad that the
REASON he was happy, was because otherwise, he had been rejected.