chihuahua baby teeth- need vet

Old July 26th 05, 12:04 AM
Grygon's

Default chihuahua baby teeth- need vet

i need a vet for my chihuahua to get her baby teeth pulled, shots, and a
worming test.

any vet recommendations for the albuquerque/los lunas/rio rancho areas in
new mexico?

i'm mostly concerned about my dog going under- supposedly for teeth pulling
you don't have to put them all the way under (which is what i want, i don't
want her all the way out and then possibly not waking up).

the vet i was going to use said it would depend at the time of the pulling-
if the dog was "mean" (my dog isn't mean but yes she does get FRIGHTENED)
then they'd put it all the way under without owner consent so the vet
wouldn't get bit... my reaction to that is "it's a 3 pound RAT- you'd risk
killing the dog just so your fingers don't get gnawed on?"

*sigh* she needs her teeth done but i'm so scared. (she does need them
done, she's over a year and still has most of her baby teeth and they bother
her) :*(

--

art and writings: http://grygon.critter.net/
art for sale:

Old July 26th 05, 01:56 PM
MK

"Grygon's" wrote in message
[...]

Unless the teeth are already pretty loose, you really need full anesthesia
because... it hurts. The risk associated with anesthesia on a healthy young
dog is minimal.

MK DVM