An Experiment

Old January 16th 06, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default An Experiment

i had oatmeal for lunch. as i was eating, i noticed that harriet was
drooling just a little bit. normally, she's not a drooler, but for some
inexplicable reason, she turns on the waterworks for tomato soup and
oatmeal.

so, because i'm a meanypants, i thought i'd tease her a bit by hamming
up the num-num factor. the more i made yummy food noises, the more she
drooled, until there were big ol' slingers hanging out of the corners of
her mouth.

it was greatly entertaining.

and, just because i'm not a *total* meanypants, she was rewarded with a
couple of spoonsful of oatmeal at the bottom of the bowl.

http://www.cat-sidh.net

I imagine that yes is the only living thing.
-- e.e. cummings
Old January 16th 06, 10:28 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

i had oatmeal for lunch. as i was eating, i noticed that harriet was
drooling just a little bit. normally, she's not a drooler, but for some
inexplicable reason, she turns on the waterworks for tomato soup and
oatmeal.

so, because i'm a meanypants, i thought i'd tease her a bit by hamming up
the num-num factor. the more i made yummy food noises, the more she
drooled, until there were big ol' slingers hanging out of the corners of
her mouth.

it was greatly entertaining.

sounds like fun, where are the pictures?

here's my 'tease the pups picture'

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...e&conn_speed=1

(my dad was making burgers on an inside grill my grandparents insisted he
needed for xmas)

and, just because i'm not a *total* meanypants, she was rewarded with a
couple of spoonsful of oatmeal at the bottom of the bowl.

yeah, Maui and Cali got some burger too (seemed only fair since they didn't
whine for it)

Old January 18th 06, 04:18 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 16:28:49 -0500, "MauiJNP" wrote:

sounds like fun, where are the pictures?

no pictures, alas.

here's my 'tease the pups picture'

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...e&conn_speed=1

(my dad was making burgers on an inside grill my grandparents insisted he
needed for xmas)

aw, they're so cute when they're being tortured!

http://www.cat-sidh.net

Colour is my day-long obsession, joy and torment.
-- Claude Monet
Old January 18th 06, 04:22 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

shelly wrote in
:

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 16:28:49 -0500, "MauiJNP" wrote:

sounds like fun, where are the pictures?

no pictures, alas.

here's my 'tease the pups picture'

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...pvaht&Uy=-9n8j
zg&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare &Ux=0&mode=fromshare&co
nn_speed=1

(my dad was making burgers on an inside grill my grandparents insisted
he needed for xmas)

aw, they're so cute when they're being tortured!

That reminds me, I need to get pictures of Moogli waiting underneath
Emilie's high chair when we are feeding her. He has learned that goodies
occasionally drop down. On monday he got a couple of spoonfuls of chicken
with Broccoli, some pineapple much as well as a bunch of crackers, some
yogurt and bits of cheese.

--
Marcel and Moogli
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/
Old January 18th 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On 18 Jan 2006 15:22:19 GMT, Marcel Beaudoin
wrote:

That reminds me, I need to get pictures of Moogli waiting underneath
Emilie's high chair when we are feeding her. He has learned that goodies
occasionally drop down. On monday he got a couple of spoonfuls of chicken
with Broccoli, some pineapple much as well as a bunch of crackers, some
yogurt and bits of cheese.

harriet wants to know where her dinner invitation is.

http://www.cat-sidh.net

To emphasize only the beautiful seems to me to be like a mathematical
system that only concerns itself with positive numbers.
-- Paul Klee
Old January 18th 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

shelly wrote in
:

wrote:

That reminds me, I need to get pictures of Moogli waiting underneath
Emilie's high chair when we are feeding her. He has learned that
goodies occasionally drop down. On monday he got a couple of spoonfuls
of chicken with Broccoli, some pineapple much as well as a bunch of
crackers, some yogurt and bits of cheese.

harriet wants to know where her dinner invitation is.

It was -40 here yesterday, and I don't think that we have enough blankets
for Her. That being said, if she doesn't mind the cold or being bonked on
the head with apple slices, she can come over. She has to fit under the
chair and wear a wig so that my wife thinks that she is Moogli.

--
Marcel and Moogli
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/
Old January 18th 06, 04:38 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On 18 Jan 2006 15:31:01 GMT, Marcel Beaudoin
wrote:

It was -40 here yesterday, and I don't think that we have enough blankets
for Her. That being said, if she doesn't mind the cold or being bonked on
the head with apple slices, she can come over. She has to fit under the
chair and wear a wig so that my wife thinks that she is Moogli.

she can bring her own blankets. apples missiles are OKAY!!1! in fact,
they are an all-in-one toy and a treat. and, she can warp space, so
that she can scrunch up itty bitty for to be fitting underneath a high
chair. NO PROBLEM, OKAY!1!! i don't think if they make poodly-type
coats for Boxers, but she's sure she could charm your wife, NO
PROBLEM!!1!

http://www.cat-sidh.net

I must see new things and investigate them. I want to taste dark water
and see crackling trees and wild winds.
-- Egon Schiele
Old January 18th 06, 04:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"Suja" wrote in

"Marcel Beaudoin" wrote in message :

It was -40 here yesterday, and I don't think that we have enough
blankets for Her.

Khan says to bring on the -40 degrees. He's done with the non-winters
we get in the Mid-Atlantic. Apparently, it is terribly WRONG to have
pouring rain in the middle of winter.

How does he feel about freezing rain??

That being said, if she doesn't mind the cold or being bonked on
the head with apple slices, she can come over.

Well, if he has to eat apple slices, he'll have to rethink the plans.
Fruits and Veggies != Food. Has anyone told Moogli he is a DOG?

I never said that Moogli eats them. He ate one slice, but it was thrown
from chicken-coated baby fingers, so he ate it "just in cae" it was
chicken. He didn't eat the next one though.

She has to fit under the
chair

He's very, very good about being stealthy, and fitting under things.
You wouldn't think that a dog his size can fit in places that he
actually manages to squeeze himself into.

He could probably stay under the table as well. Emilie is learning to
throw things and knock things out of the way. Spoons (and spoonfuls of
food) are flying pretty good distances at suppertime.

--
Marcel and Moogli
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/
Old January 18th 06, 04:50 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

shelly wrote in
:

wrote:

It was -40 here yesterday, and I don't think that we have enough
blankets for Her. That being said, if she doesn't mind the cold or
being bonked on the head with apple slices, she can come over. She has
to fit under the chair and wear a wig so that my wife thinks that she
is Moogli.

she can bring her own blankets. apples missiles are OKAY!!1! in
fact, they are an all-in-one toy and a treat. and, she can warp
space, so that she can scrunch up itty bitty for to be fitting
underneath a high chair. NO PROBLEM, OKAY!1!! i don't think if they
make poodly-type coats for Boxers, but she's sure she could charm your
wife, NO PROBLEM!!1!

As long as the nubbin-wiggling doesn't vibrate the chair too much when
Emilie is eating, it shouldn't be a problem.

--
Marcel and Moogli
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/
Old January 18th 06, 04:54 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On 18 Jan 2006 15:50:58 GMT, Marcel Beaudoin
wrote:

As long as the nubbin-wiggling doesn't vibrate the chair too much when
Emilie is eating, it shouldn't be a problem.

NO PROBLEM!1!!! when can you accept delivery?

http://www.cat-sidh.net

Vampires are here to stay. I guess because they are immortal.
-- Melora Creager

The 3 dog experiment Suja Dog behavior 0 December 26th 03 05:36 PM
The 3 dog experiment Suja Dog behavior 0 December 26th 03 05:36 PM
The 3 dog experiment Suja Dog behavior 0 December 26th 03 05:36 PM
Try this experiment, you will be impressed Userw8682 Dog behavior 0 December 15th 03 05:30 AM
Try this experiment, you will be impressed Userw8682 Dog behavior 0 December 15th 03 05:30 AM