"Show Quality" Showing Your Dog

Old November 6th 03, 03:31 AM

Default "Show Quality" Showing Your Dog

Hello, I am interested in getting into showing dachshunds. I am having
a hard time finding a "Show Quality" Puppy. I also heard that Legit
Show breeders usually do not give you a good quality dog if you are a
beginner. Where is a good place to search for "Show Quality" puppies?
How much money is usually invested in showing a dog. Any other
information would be great.
Its also very hard to find out if a breeder is legit, because anyone
would say there puppy is "Show Quality" When yet they arent, they just
want to make a few bucks.
Thank you
Old November 6th 03, 03:40 AM
Tee

wrote in message
om...
Hello, I am interested in getting into showing dachshunds. I am having
a hard time finding a "Show Quality" Puppy. I also heard that Legit
Show breeders usually do not give you a good quality dog if you are a
beginner. Where is a good place to search for "Show Quality" puppies?
How much money is usually invested in showing a dog. Any other
information would be great.
Its also very hard to find out if a breeder is legit, because anyone
would say there puppy is "Show Quality" When yet they arent, they just
want to make a few bucks.
Thank you

I think your easist path will be to go to some dog shows where Dachshunds
will be represented. That way you will get to meet some show people who are
likely breeders as well. By introducing yourself, you get your foot in the
door. By seeing them there, you know that they're out there doing it so
their "show quality" puppies are likely the real deal.

--
Tara

Old November 6th 03, 06:56 AM
Child

wrote in message
om...
Hello, I am interested in getting into showing dachshunds. I am having
a hard time finding a "Show Quality" Puppy. I also heard that Legit
Show breeders usually do not give you a good quality dog if you are a
beginner. Where is a good place to search for "Show Quality" puppies?
How much money is usually invested in showing a dog. Any other
information would be great.

If there is a local dachsund club, you need to join. If not go to a dog
show and chat up the dachsund breeders there. If you are really willing to
learn to show and are going to be a good home for the dachsund, breeders
will be happy to give you an excellent quality dog.

Its also very hard to find out if a breeder is legit, because anyone
would say there puppy is "Show Quality" When yet they arent, they just
want to make a few bucks.

The way to find out is to find out who is going to shows, who is winning,
and why. Learn about the breed. Join the club. Go to shows. Learn learn
learn.

Old November 6th 03, 06:58 AM
Emily Carroll

I would start by going to the national specialty. TONS of show-quality
Doxies. Sit at ringside each day with a catalog, and mark the dogs that you
like and the dogs that you don't. Then write the owners (the addresses are
in the catalog) of the dogs you like, or do a search on google for the
kennel name.

Usually if you are looking to get into showing, you won't find a
show-quality dog unless you already know who to talk to and where to look.

--
Emily Carroll
Dealing 80s Toys - Rainbow Brite - My Little Pony - More

wrote in message
om...
Hello, I am interested in getting into showing dachshunds. I am having
a hard time finding a "Show Quality" Puppy. I also heard that Legit
Show breeders usually do not give you a good quality dog if you are a
beginner. Where is a good place to search for "Show Quality" puppies?
How much money is usually invested in showing a dog. Any other
information would be great.
Its also very hard to find out if a breeder is legit, because anyone
would say there puppy is "Show Quality" When yet they arent, they just
want to make a few bucks.
Thank you

---