question- Labrador and skin problem near eyes

Old July 30th 03, 06:54 PM
KOS

Default question- Labrador and skin problem near eyes

Hi-
I just bathed a labrador the other day with a shampoo (for dogs). I
noticed the following day that around the eyes of the dog there is
white spots, above the eyelid and below. I never saw this before the
shampoo application. I have used this shampoo once prior and did not
see anything like this. The area looks white, that is the fur must
have been removed or something. Dog does not itch at all and this is
localized to the dogs right side only. This dog swims quite a bit-
every day. Any offer any suggestion of what this is? My guess is that
it is some sort of reaction to the shampoo- this is an over the
counter medicated shampoo purchased at a pet store. Are dogs overly
sensitive above the eye and face areas? If anyone has a lab that has
experienced this I would appreciate your input.
Thanks