Eating Puppy Meat Is the Same as Eating Pork, British TV Chef Says

Old October 12th 11, 01:36 PM posted to rec.arts.tv.uk.misc,rec.food.cooking,rec.pets.dogs.misc

Default Eating Puppy Meat Is the Same as Eating Pork, British TV Chef Says

(Sky News) - British TV chef Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall claimed that
eating puppy meat is no more morally objectionable than consuming pork.

The celebrity chef previously shocked viewers by eating placenta pate,
curried fruit bat, giraffe and calf testicles and now claims that he
would not be against a "high-welfare organic puppy farm."

Fearnley-Whittingstall, the star of Channel 4's "River Cottage," was
asked by British magazine Radio Times whether he would try loin of
Labrador or cat liver.

"Not unless I was on the point of starvation," he replied. "In principle,
but not in practice, I have no objection to a high-welfare organic puppy
farm."

He added, "You can't object, unless you also object to the farming of
pigs. It's an artificial construct of our society, a cultural decision,
to make pets out of dogs and meat out of pigs. Both animals could be used
the other way round, although pigs probably do make better meat than dogs
and dogs better pets than pigs, but it's not a foregone conclusion."

Old October 12th 11, 01:46 PM posted to rec.arts.tv.uk.misc,rec.food.cooking,rec.pets.dogs.misc

On 10/12/2011 8:36 AM, Stephen Newport wrote:
[...]

The Vietnamese Pot-bellied (or miniature) Pig makes quite a good pet but
I don't refuse pork. Given the long intertwined evolutionary development
of dogs and people, I think dogs deserve to be respected. See the recent
PBS documentary.

--

James Silverton, Potomac

I'm *not*
Old October 12th 11, 02:40 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.pets.dogs.misc

[...]

I haven't seen anything from PBS (whatever that is :-) but I read a
paper recently on the domestication of animals in general in which it
was suggested dogs may have domesticated us, rather than the other way
around.

That said, I've often maintained that I couldn't eat an animal with
such noxious **** as a dog! (But as others have pointed out "If you
have cream with it, you could even eat dog ****!" :-)

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID

Old October 12th 11, 04:00 PM posted to rec.arts.tv.uk.misc,rec.food.cooking,rec.pets.dogs.misc

On Oct 12, 5:36*am, "Stephen Newport" wrote:
(Sky News) - British TV chef Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall claimed that
eating puppy meat is no more morally objectionable than consuming pork.

Can you say "attention whore"?

I knew you could.

Old October 12th 11, 05:51 PM posted to rec.arts.tv.uk.misc,rec.food.cooking,rec.pets.dogs.misc

On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 08:00:00 -0700 (PDT), tutall
wrote:

On Oct 12, 5:36*am, "Stephen Newport" wrote:
(Sky News) - British TV chef Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall claimed that
eating puppy meat is no more morally objectionable than consuming pork.

Can you say "attention whore"?

Puppy meat is probably how faggots refer to their SO... faggots don't
eat pussy.
Old October 14th 11, 12:03 AM posted to rec.arts.tv.uk.misc,rec.food.cooking,rec.pets.dogs.misc

Who wants to try "puppy dog tail" soup. (c.f. oxtail soup) One can
imagine it wagging!

Sorry, couldn't resist the above.

Old November 24th 11, 04:05 AM
Banned

10Just buy a Edmonton Escort smaller vibrator as to Edmonton Asian Escort not cause discomfort. It can Edmonton Escorts go in as far as you Edmonton Asian Escortst want it to. I find immense pleasure with smaller vibrators. I used to have this huge one that did everything I found it was just too intense for me, and too big!

Last edited by collin1 : November 24th 11 at 04:09 AM.
Old June 19th 12, 02:50 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc

On Wednesday, October 12, 2011 5:36:02 AM UTC-7, Stephen Newport wrote:
[...]

I can understand what he is saying. I understand pigs have the same level of intelligence of a young child. He is criticizing us eating pigs rather than saying we should eat dogs.

But if you are curious, I just found ramen in dog flavour
http://inventorspot.com/articles/dog...rowl_your_bowl