DGP for joint pain--testimonial time...

Old May 26th 06, 01:12 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.dogs.breeds,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default DGP for joint pain--testimonial time...

I'm trying a new product for Viva's spondylosis and arthritis. And I'm
so thrilled with it that it's testimonial time. First let me say that
I'd never heard of it until last month, that I do not own any stock in
the company that makes it, that I don't work for them, that I have no
vested interested in their bottom line. But the stuff WORKS. So my
interest is in the dogs.

The product is Dog Gone Pain (DGP). It's an Australian product and is a
combination of herbs as well as shark cartilage. I'm not going to scream
"all natural, it must be good!" because "all natural" can be far from
benign. But it is an herbal supplement. Nuff said.

Whole Dog Journal did an extensive write up of DGP. Basically, in an
informal study by an RN that was pretty decently structured, every dog
in the study had improvement.

So I started it on Viva. WDG said that for most dogs, effects were seen
in 2 to 6 weeks. I saw a difference in two days. And now, a month in, I
have a completely different dog on my hands. Viva is much more active,
much brighter. She LOOKS better. It's sort of hard to quantify but her
acupuncturist said, "she looks tighter" and it's true--her coat is more
glossy and her whole body posture has changed. Viva's more limber, more
flexible, and able to do more exercise with less fallout. It's as if
this stuff has taken 2 years off her life.

Now WDG has a few cautions. One dog in the study had to be dropped
because he had an allergic reaction to one of the herbs. Not all dogs
had dramatic improvements, in some cases the owner felt there was no
change but then noticed a change the other direction when the drug was
dropped. And DGP can alter the absorption rate of other drugs (increase)
so use Rimadyl, etc. with caution. And once the dog is on it, they need
to stay on it. Not that it will hurt them if it's dropped, but the
beneficial effects do not last. And it will NOT cure arthritis! It just
helps the dog feel better and it seems to increase range of motion.

I still give glycoflex 3 along with the DGP. I'm thrilled with this
product. I'd urge anyone with a dog with arthritis to try it and see if
it works for them.

Testimonial over...

White Bull Terrier AnimalBehaviorForensicSciencesResearchLaboratory@H Dog behavior 1 September 6th 05 01:39 PM
I am new here and this has probably been asked a million times... skeer27 Dog behavior 2 September 2nd 05 03:34 AM
From: Marty Wallace AKA Oscar firec3medic Dog behavior 3 March 1st 05 07:09 AM
Arthritis in my lab Bob Dog health 8 March 5th 04 04:38 AM