male dane available for stud

Old December 7th 07, 03:03 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
[email protected]

Default male dane available for stud

Large Harlequin male available for stud in San Francisco Bay area
Old December 7th 07, 03:21 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Rocky[_2_]

diddy none said in rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

Large Harlequin male available for stud in San Francisco
Bay area

Oh lovely. What makes him qualified as a stud?

He's Large, duh.

Old December 7th 07, 03:33 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
diddy[_2_]

Rocky spoke these words of wisdom in
:

diddy none said in rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

Large Harlequin male available for stud in San Francisco
Bay area

Oh lovely. What makes him qualified as a stud?

He's Large, duh.

That might make a difference to the girls, as size; to some; "DOES" matter,
but that's not a decision I would select a sire for my puppy by. I'd be
more interested in Cardiac OFA numbers, Hip OFA ratings, Patella OFA
ratings, Thyroid OFA certification, and many more certs as well as
temperament and some actual proof he's got some quality besides color and
size.
Old December 7th 07, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Suja

"diddy" none wrote in message:

That might make a difference to the girls, as size; to some; "DOES"

matter,
but that's not a decision I would select a sire for my puppy by. I'd be
more interested in Cardiac OFA numbers, Hip OFA ratings, Patella OFA
ratings, Thyroid OFA certification, and many more certs as well as
temperament and some actual proof he's got some quality besides color and
size.

Not to mention, breeding harlequins is not to be done by the novice because
of Dane coat color genetics and the possibility of producing white puppies.
There is not a huge demand for puppies that are deaf, blind, or both, and
require other special treatment (for instance, they tend to sunburn easily).

To the OP: Neuter your pup and enjoy him as the great companion that I'm
sure he is. There is an overpopulation problem in the breed and more dogs
out there than are good homes for them. If you can't be a part of the
solution, at least don't be a part of the problem.

Suja

Old December 7th 07, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
diddy[_2_]

"Suja" spoke these words of wisdom in
:

"diddy" none wrote in message:

[...]

Great Danes have major health issues and are not a long lived breed.

NOTE TO PUBLIC:
Be careful to buy from a conscientious breeder, as some very poor specimens
are being sold to the unsuspecting public. Beware of hip dysplasia; buy
only from OFA certified stock. Also prone to bloat, tumors, heart disease,
and tail injuries. Do not jog with this dog until it is at least one year
old. 7 years is considered an OLD Great Dane. If this is acceptable, read
on.

ALWAYS, when a seller says puppies are vet checked, ASK ABOUT THE PARENTS
Make sure you see the certification NUMBERS from the evaluators of
OFA/CERF/Pennhip/OVC/GDC

A responsible breeder will be glad to reveal these scores and health
validations as a potential breeding candidate,

According to the recommendations of The Great Dane Breed club of
America,potential parents should have the minimum criteria before being
bred which are listed as follows.
Eye Clearance

* CERF evaluation

Autoimmune thyroiditis

* OFA evaluation from an approved laboratory

Congenital Cardiac Database

* OFA evaluation

Hip Dysplasia
one or more of the following:
* OFA evaluation
* PennHip evaluation
* OVC evaluation
* GDC evaluation

Summary Critic for your ad
The information and Certification numbers for testing on the potential sire
is required befoire consideration