Anyone know what this spot could be?

Old June 26th 11, 06:01 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Metspitzer

Default Anyone know what this spot could be?

I just got a dog. She just showed up at my door when she was about 6
weeks old. Anyway, she has a spot under her arm. I am pretty sure
she did not have this when she showed up. Anyone know what this could
be?
http://imgur.com/1piLZ

Thanks
Old June 27th 11, 01:08 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
cshenk

Metspitzer wrote in rec.pets.dogs.health:

I just got a dog. She just showed up at my door when she was about 6
weeks old. Anyway, she has a spot under her arm. I am pretty sure
she did not have this when she showed up. Anyone know what this could
be?
http://imgur.com/1piLZ

Thanks

It's infected whatever it is so you need to get her to the vet right
away.

Old June 27th 11, 12:28 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
buglady

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
news
I just got a dog. She just showed up at my door when she was about 6
weeks old. Anyway, she has a spot under her arm. I am pretty sure
she did not have this when she showed up. Anyone know what this could

..........How old is the dog now? Don't know what spot is, could be injury,
could be from scratching.

...........In any case, if she has not been to the vet yet.she needs to be
checked out and wormed at least.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Old June 27th 11, 04:43 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Char

On 6/26/2011 8:08 PM, cshenk wrote:
Metspitzer wrote in rec.pets.dogs.health:

I just got a dog. She just showed up at my door when she was about 6
weeks old. Anyway, she has a spot under her arm. I am pretty sure
she did not have this when she showed up. Anyone know what this could
be?
http://imgur.com/1piLZ

Thanks

It's infected whatever it is

No it's not.

so you need to get her to the vet right
away.

A little peroxide and/or colloidal silver will clear it up. Looks like a
scrap mark although it's in a place that is usually protected from such
things.

Quit making people panic over the small stuff.

Old June 27th 11, 07:28 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Jo Wolf

None of these individuals are vets or even school trained vet techs.
Take the dog to your vet and get a real answer. If it's nothing major,
you will have that reassurance and stop worrying, If it needs further
care, you will get the right care. If she is a found dog, and you have
not taken her to the vet yet, she needs a rabies shot.

FYI, the current use of hydrogen peroxide is ONLY for the initial
cleaning of a wound.... information per a school trained vet tech.
Repeated use on an open wound causes undesireable tissue changes. This
is now the Same use as in human medicine (I'm a nurse).

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia

Old July 31st 11, 05:36 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Ringer

"Char" wrote in message
news
On 6/27/2011 3:09 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 14:28:18 -0400, (Jo Wolf) wrote:

None of these individuals are vets or even school trained vet techs.

Thank goodness!

Take the dog to your vet and get a real answer.

For a little scrape? You have too much money is all I know. I guess the
vets have to make up for the reduced number of vaccines we now know are
needed somehow huh?
If it's nothing major,
you will have that reassurance and stop worrying, If it needs further
care, you will get the right care. If she is a found dog, and you have
not taken her to the vet yet, she needs a rabies shot.

FYI, the current use of hydrogen peroxide is ONLY for the initial
cleaning of a wound....

Yep, that is correct. Colloidal silver on the other hand can be used as
much as you want to without harm.
information per a school trained vet tech.
Repeated use on an open wound causes undesireable tissue changes. This
is now the Same use as in human medicine (I'm a nurse).

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia

Thanks everyone

Take the dog to the vet and find out what it is. If the vet's treatment
doesn't work then try experimenting with other medicines. I had a dog that
was scratching its fur off. Took it to the vet and they gave her a steroid
shot and anti biotics. Took her back a couple of months later and asked if
it could be a yeast infection and they gave her a steroid shot and
antibiotics. A couple of months later I used a tube of prescription
medication for yeast rashes and the dog cleared up in a couple days and
stopped scratching. The experts may not always be right, but that's the
place to start.

Old August 1st 11, 05:44 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
buglady

"Ringer" wrote in message
. ..
I had a dog that
was scratching its fur off. Took it to the vet and they gave her a steroid
shot and anti biotics. Took her back a couple of months later and asked if
it could be a yeast infection and they gave her a steroid shot and
antibiotics. A couple of months later I used a tube of prescription
medication for yeast rashes and the dog cleared up in a couple days and
stopped scratching. The experts may not always be right, but that's the
place to start.

..................You didn't see an expert. You went to one of those vets
whose answer is always antibiotics and steroids, no matter what it is. Get
a vet who is willing to find a diagnosis before throwing paint on the wall,
hoping something will hit.

Hot spot? Sheree Dog health 9 August 19th 07 01:05 AM
Bio spot BorisL Dog breeds 7 June 19th 07 06:15 PM
Hot Spot Licking [email protected] Dog behavior 10 January 22nd 07 12:09 AM