OT- World's Largest Country Store Fire, animals lost

Old October 4th 06, 02:37 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
MauiJNP

Default OT- World's Largest Country Store Fire, animals lost

Sorry for the OT post, this was just something I wanted to share.

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbc.../NEWS/61003010

This place is about 10 minutes from my house. I been there tons of times in
the past 15 years. They sold animals of all kinds, snakes, dogs, birds,
turtles, chinchillas, hamsters, lizards, cats, ferrets, ducks, fish, etc.
In fact, I bought several pets from them in the past (no dogs though). They
had a petting zoo with even more animals outside, Llamas, pigs, goats,
sheep. Early this morning, the place went up in flames and they were unable
to save any of the animals inside. They saved all but 1 Llama from the
outside pens. I wish they had time to save the animals inside but I am also
really glad it happened when it did (during the early morning when no one
was there). If people had been in the store, there would certainly be many
dead.