CKC registration????

Old July 12th 17, 09:28 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
[email protected]

Default CKC registration????

On Monday, May 17, 1999 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, N. Ellington wrote:
I just bought a puppy and the breeder told me it was CKC registered rather
that AKC registered. Anyone ever heard of this group? Doesn't really
matter-I just wanted the dog for pet quality.

Niki

I'm very late into this discussion but wanted to add my two cents worth. I am a small time breeder of miniature australian shepherds that are registered with Continental Kennel Club. I take very good care of my two sets of breeding pairs, and spend a fortune on them with regular vet checks and preventative measures. They are a part of my family. Does that make me a demon-filled puppy miller? I think not. I breed my dogs because I have an absolute love for the breed. My dogs are the most intelligent,loyal and obedient dogs that I have ever personally experienced, and I want to keep their line going and share the joy of ownership with others in my area. If that is wrong to a select few of conceited individuals who believe that they are the only ones intelligent enough to breed and sell puppies, then consider the source. By the way, I am a very intelligent, well educated individual with 3 college degrees. I don't need anyone to tell me I'm ignorant. I think I passed that litmus test years ago before I started teaching mathematics for nearly 30 years. It just sounds like to me that critics of CKC are running off at the mouth because they fear they are loosing their monopoly on the breeding market. The typical pet owner (buyer) does not care if their pet is not show quality. They want an affordable option to a preferred breed that the majority of the AKC breeders cannot offer. That in no way should ever imply that the CKC registered breeders are inferior, substandard, criminal, ignorant, or somehow unethical. Please keep your mouth shut about CKC breeders and the registry itself. You are being the ignorant one here by classifying all CKC breeders as bad. I know for a fact that some AKC members have been investigated and found to be substandard and criminally inhumane by the federal government. Oops, was I not supposed to tell that? They are also so obsessed with keeping their pure line that they inbreed to the point of causing their stock to become sterile. Oops again: this CKC member is not supposed to be that informed and educated, LOL! What a bunch of "stuff". The truth hurts sometimes, but anything can be corrupted by human intervention, even registries like AKC and CKC, but please don't classify all individual associated with them as one and the same. Shame on you. I believe in the legal sense, that would be called profiling!