Puppies

Old October 9th 07, 06:50 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

Default Puppies

On Oct 9, 1:28 pm, "tiny dancer" wrote:
"Tara" wrote in message

4.196...

"tiny dancer" wrote in
t:

"Tara" wrote in message
. 64.196...
"tiny dancer" wrote in
t:
snipped

No. Super Puppy has nothing to do with home selection.

Given your reply to me in another thread, I'm sadly less inclined to
help you. I'm sure someone will give you the details.

Tara

I generally *reply* to people in the same vein to which they have
addressed me. Now sometimes here lately, while under attack, I might
slip up occasionally. For those I apologize. I believe you stated
something in a post about how *you* are feeling under attack. Well,
I'm feeling about the same.

Yeah well.

I am not attacking you.

But you called me out anyway.

Nice job.

And for the record, vague apologies to "whoever" are kind of pointless
when you are speaking directly *to* someone that you have just gone
after for something they haven't done.

I'm still struggling to stay neutral.

And you're still making that harder and harder.

Though, if we end up having issues, it will be completely *seperate*
from any issues you have here with anyone else. They will be a direct
result of how this is handled.

Tara

You know, I've said this before, 'the internet, while fun and interesting,
doesn't allow people to actually see the person they are speaking to, nor
does it allow people to hear tone of voice, attitude, etc.' I personally
find that to be a negative, because in real life I am a tease. I'm a joker,
I'm a good friend to my *friends* and try to be a good neighbor to those
around me. I have actually talked to many of my online friends on the
phone, and do intend to meet up with any I am able to.

Perhaps I am mistaken, but to me anyway, it *felt* like you were attacking
me. If you weren't and it felt like I was unnecessarily attacking you, I
apologize to you personally.

I do have something to say, and I'm sticking it here for no other reason
than it's been formulating in my mind the last couple days.

I'm wondering if the other *attackers* actually have any real life black
friends? Because I do, and those friends seem to have the same 'prejudices'
that I have. I have a good friend who teaches elementary school. She is
often times upset by the nature of our school system here because we do and
have always *bussed* for integration. It doesn't matter where you live,
across the street from school, doesn't matter. If that school is over it's
70/30 ratio, your kid gets bussed to a different school. Now my friend,
(I'm assuming it to be understood this friend is black), complains to me all
the time about how hard it is for her to teach grade school kids when her
class has such diverse backgrounds. Her words, not mine. Everything from
the fact that some kids 'have more' material things, to the lifetime
experiences of different kids. Things they will say and do in class.

... I didn't read past here

And this is what my observation was in regards to because now the
crossing of threads has opened the doorway for the fight to spill into
this thread as well and essentially kill the usefulness of another
thread. With the interests of the puppies in mind, I would ask that
those involved in the referenced fight not bring it to this thread.
Lets keep this for any additional advice for how to take care of a
litter of puppies that would not be covered by looking up the montana
saga(if any exists).

Nick

Old October 9th 07, 06:55 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer

wrote in message
ps.com...
On Oct 9, 1:28 pm, "tiny dancer" wrote:
"Tara" wrote in message

4.196...

"tiny dancer" wrote in
t:

"Tara" wrote in message
[...]

I'm sorry, I sincerely apologize. I didn't read your post at the time. I
was trying to figure out how to say all this. I second your suggestion and
I personally will not be responding to any posts on this thread that aren't
about the puppies. In fact, after seeing there already was a thread about
*puppies*, I went back and tried to change the subject line so it would read
'upcoming puppies' and start a differnt thread because I use Outlook Express
and in my format this thread is almost at the bottom of my list of posts.

td

Old October 9th 07, 07:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

On Oct 9, 1:55 pm, "tiny dancer" wrote:
wrote in message

ps.com...

On Oct 9, 1:28 pm, "tiny dancer" wrote:
"Tara" wrote in message

. 64.196...

"tiny dancer" wrote in
t:

"Tara" wrote in message
[...]

It's alright, the damage should be controlled. I believe all parties
in the fight do care about animals, so my plea to their sensibilities
will hopefully prevent it from coming here. Now, observations on the
drifting of threads and the detrimental effect it can have on the
information available, good luck with those puppies. I myself have
never birthed a litter of puppies, but I have fostered litters of
kittens post-birth, and closely helped with litters of puppies(post-
birth as well) and apart from all the work it really is a worthy
cause.

Nick

Old October 9th 07, 07:22 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
tiny dancer wrote:
You know, I've said this before, 'the internet, while fun and interesting,
doesn't allow people to actually see the person they are speaking to, nor
does it allow people to hear tone of voice, attitude, etc.'

And that's why it's important to take some care in your
writing. Your writing is seriously awful, and if you're
unhappy with how you're being perceived you can exercise
some personal responsibility and try proofreading and copy
editing.

Oh, and reading. Try being a careful reader. You seem to
have non-trivial retention problems, as well, so before
unloading on someone go back and make sure that you've got
your ducks in a row. [- mixed metaphor, BAD WRITING]

I'm a good friend to my *friends* and try to be a good neighbor to those
around me.

*I* am a big, blonde, frickin' awesome Valkyrie.

Old October 9th 07, 07:22 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer

wrote in message
ps.com...
On Oct 9, 1:55 pm, "tiny dancer" wrote:

snipped

It's alright, the damage should be controlled. I believe all parties
in the fight do care about animals, so my plea to their sensibilities
will hopefully prevent it from coming here. Now, observations on the
drifting of threads and the detrimental effect it can have on the
information available, good luck with those puppies.

Thank you so much. I admit, after reading the early helpful suggestions I'm
already feeling quite over-whelmed by it all, and nothing has even begun
yet. And I'm quite *tired* to say the least, of the other crap.

I myself have
never birthed a litter of puppies, but I have fostered litters of
kittens post-birth, and closely helped with litters of puppies(post-
birth as well) and apart from all the work it really is a worthy
cause.

Nick

Well hopefully you might have some good advice in that aspect of all this.
Like I said, other than our Murphy's 'mom', I've never really been close to
the birthing process. Since Abby pretty much was left alone with her
birthing and litter, I guess I assumed 'the dog would do most of it and we'd
basically watch over her, being sure things went well." It didn't occur to
me that nature wouldn't take it's course, so to speak. I know when Tuck was
born it was a lot more involved, but I assumed that was because of the very
fragile nature of his whole conception, etc. Right now, I'm at the point of
a major freak-out.

The major thing that is worrying me right now is the distance involved
between where we live and the nearest emergency clinic for after hours or
weekends. It's a good 45 minute drive each way. When we first moved
here I posted a listing on craigslist asking for references to vets in our
area. I did receive quite a few good references, and we ended up taking
Whiskey to one of those referenced vets for her leg x-rays and consultations
and were highly pleased with the practice. But they don't have any sort of
after hours or week-end procedures. I did ask all the people who responded
to my craigslist posting about after hours or emergencies and every one of
them, to a person, said 'you have to take your dog into Raleigh, the 45
minute drive, for that service. That 'none of the local vets provide it.'
So this part has me worried.

td

Old October 9th 07, 07:56 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer

On 2007-10-09 11:31:50 -0400, "tiny dancer"

said:

Since that's in the future, we
really haven't even begun to background check her or what ever

organization
she is speaking for yet, but I guess that's something we ought to do

too?

Yes, to a point, but you are about to have a bunch of puppies that
nobody is waiting for.

We took our puppies to places where we knew a bunch of people, like
city hall or DH's church. It helped socialize the puppies and it got
people interested. We promoted them on a web site so people could keep
up with their pictures and story.

Super Puppy was, I think good for the puppies, but it was also a good
marketing tool and discussion point...

Is Super Puppy a site? I thought it was in reference to diddy's site on
Tuck, so I'm a bit confused??

Robin already said 'if those puppies come out red and curly, she's going to
march one down to Drake's (the CBR's) house and enlist their help.

td

Old October 9th 07, 08:15 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

"tiny dancer" spoke these words of wisdom in
:

Is Super Puppy a site? I thought it was in reference to diddy's site on
Tuck, so I'm a bit confused??

Robin already said 'if those puppies come out red and curly, she's going to
march one down to Drake's (the CBR's) house and enlist their help.

td

Superpuppy program is referenced (and linked) on Tuck's site. I stole it from
breedingbetter dogs and put it on my own site because the breeding better
dogs site alternating moved it, took it down, decided it was worth paying
for, put it back up, took it down, and put it back, moving it around
everytime I looked for an old outdated link. So rather than play hide and
seek with it, I just put it on my page and stuck a permanent link to it.
There are tons and tons of helpful links on that page. Referenced. The print
is VERY small. and if it has a line under it, it's a link that goes
somewhere resourceful, pertinent and wonderful. Lots and lots of links!
http://shell2.lomag.net/~moosedog/superpuppy
Everything from feeding the bitch, weaning puppies, whelping, charts,
development etc.
Old October 9th 07, 08:20 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer

On 2007-10-09 11:29:30 -0400, "tiny dancer"

said:

Is that the name of the thread, montana's saga??

It was about Nemo or Neo, as I called her then. Her puppies were born
December 4, 2006.

I guess I don't know how to google this because I've put in

rec.pets.dogs.behavior + Nemo or Neo + December 4, 2006

and I keep coming up blank?

td

Old October 9th 07, 08:26 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer

"diddy" none wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Thanks diddy, another post I'm sending to my personal email box to peruse
and I'm going to forward it to Robin too. I'm sure we are going to need all
the help we can get. I don't know anybody who's a breeder down here. I
used to, but they moved years ago. And I'm still freaked about not having a
vet close at hand.

td