Loose dogs, having fun

Old December 24th 07, 02:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Many Dogs \(flick\)

Default Loose dogs, having fun

Our nearby neighbors were given a young dog for xmas. They let it out by
opening the door and letting it wander unsupervised. No fence.

Our dogs, of course, went kinda nuts when the new dog arrived. It's a
smallish terrier type, very cute. He crosses the property line and stands
outside our fence, and our dogs bark at it (except the Chow mix, who screams
and wails).

It was probably inevitable that ours would escape with this temptation on
the other side. Rex, the very athletic brown dog, jumps the gate, which is
the low spot in the fence, but still over 4 ft. He runs next door and they
play and play.

This morning, our fat-ish brown dog and the Chow mix got out, probably found
a spot to slip under the fence. It was a raiding party. The dog next door
was not out, but they came back with a toy. lol

flick 100785

Old December 24th 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

"Many Dogs \(flick\)" spoke these words of
wisdom in :

This morning, our fat-ish brown dog and the Chow mix got out, probably
found a spot to slip under the fence.

*eWpS*

You need to have a talk with your neighbors about responsible dog care.
Sounds like the dogs had a ball though!
Old December 24th 07, 04:34 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Many Dogs \(flick\)

"diddy" none wrote in message
. ..
"Many Dogs \(flick\)" spoke these words of
wisdom in :

This morning, our fat-ish brown dog and the Chow mix got out, probably
found a spot to slip under the fence.

*eWpS*

You need to have a talk with your neighbors about responsible dog care.
Sounds like the dogs had a ball though!

I've talked to them in the past about this, to no avail. There are coyotes
here, and they'd see a 15-lb dog as a snack. A fence might not stop a
coyote, but it would keep the dog closer to the house and might lessen the
risk. Plus keep him out of the road.

Later this a.m., they said they haven't seen him since yesterday afternoon.
I last saw him in their yard yesterday morning, and our dogs hadn't gotten
out for a couple days (again) until this a.m.

I've been tapping tent stakes into the ground all around the yard, to hold
the fence down. Hopefully won't need to re-do the hot wire (which will
require a lot of weed clearing by hand). If they get out, they come when
called, thank goodness.

flick 100785

Old December 24th 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

"Many Dogs \(flick\)" spoke these words of
wisdom in :

I've been tapping tent stakes into the ground all around the yard, to
hold the fence down. Hopefully won't need to re-do the hot wire (which
will require a lot of weed clearing by hand). If they get out, they
come when called, thank goodness.

Much to be said for training. I can't imagine tapping down tent stakes in
this frozen ground. Ewwwwww
Old December 24th 07, 04:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Handsome Jack Morrison

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 09:34:01 -0600, "Many Dogs \(flick\)"
wrote:

Later this a.m., they said they haven't seen him since yesterday afternoon.

sigh

--
Handsome Jack Morrison

U.S. Senate Report: Over 400 Prominent Scientists Disputed Man-Made Global Warming Claims in 2007
http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.c...8-3c63dc2d02cb

In Canada: "Only a bigot would argue that every Muslim was violent or opposed to Western freedom.
But only a coward (Hi, Melinda!) or a liar would argue that there was not a profound and deeply
worrying link between conservative Islam and myriad acts of terror, intolerance and hysterical anger."
http://www.torontosun.com/News/Colum...15/4725863.php

Great Britain (Hi, Alison!): Stupid is as stupid does. sigh
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...icle577014.ece

Climate change: Skeptical Scientists Urge World To "Have the Courage to Do Nothing" At UN Conference
http://preview.tinyurl.com/ypfck4

Victor Davis Hanson on War and History: Chapters 1 - 5.
http://tv.nationalreview.com/uncommonknowledge/

The Science of Gore's Nobel.
http://www.opinionjournal.com/column.../?id=110010947

Old December 24th 07, 05:19 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer[_2_]

wrote:

Later this a.m., they said they haven't seen him since yesterday

afternoon.

sigh

Sorry, this one gets a

spit

from me. Assholes.

So have all *normal* dog owners finished wrapping their doggie presents yet?
;-]

td

Old December 24th 07, 05:29 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

"tiny dancer" wrote in
:

So have all *normal* dog owners finished wrapping their doggie
presents yet?

What doggie presents?

--
Shelly
Old December 24th 07, 06:26 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Shelly wrote:
What doggie presents?

And who the **** is "all?" Would that include tiny's best
{Jewish, Hindu, Moslem, atheist, pagan} friend on the
internet?

Old December 24th 07, 06:44 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

"tiny dancer" spoke these words of wisdom in
:

wrote:

Later this a.m., they said they haven't seen him since yesterday

afternoon.

sigh

Sorry, this one gets a

spit

from me. Assholes.

So have all *normal* dog owners finished wrapping their doggie presents
yet? ;-]

td

Guess I'm not normal. My puppies get no presents. Neither will the humans.
But Tuck gets a birthday present Dec 28 .. he'll be TWO!