bad mix

Old September 20th 03, 05:22 AM
Robin

Default bad mix

I have a dog, Charlie, she is a half Golden Retriever half Chow-chow. Odd
mix I know... one is smart and loyal, the other dumb and mean-- but she is
the prettiest dog in the world!! I am serious! Anyway.. She is really
Loyal to me, very protective, so protective that when someone comes over, or
she sees someone get near me in the lightest bit of a threatening manner she
will bark and snap and just go crazy. She's never gotten used to anyone who
doesn't live in the house, and if someone comes over she barks all the time
unless I'm with her at all times.
She's four and a half now, so it's difficult to condition her to be
around people, and she's a rescue dog (which I think she may have been
abused, which is another reason why she acts the way she does). So does
anyone have any tips. Anything I can do when I have company?

Smiles,
Robin