Best dry food for Golden Retriever Adult

Old August 18th 10, 12:10 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Default Best dry food for Golden Retriever Adult

I just got a 2 year old male golden retriever that has no known health
issues except he's a bit underweight. He had been fed Beneful dry
food in the past, but I've heard that's not a very choice of a dog
food. I'd like to keep feeding him dry food with the occasional can
of dog food.

What are some good choices of dog food?
Old August 23rd 10, 04:04 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

"wesley" wrote in message
I just got a 2 year old male golden retriever that has no known health
issues except he's a bit underweight. He had been fed Beneful dry
food in the past, but I've heard that's not a very choice of a dog
food. I'd like to keep feeding him dry food with the occasional can
of dog food.

What are some good choices of dog food?

Try dogfoodanalysis.com. They have a fairly comprehensive list of feeds,
rated on a star system (1 to 6, I believe). I think you would find your
Beneful rates a 1, whereas Orijen, the brand I used to feed, rated a 6.
It's a good tool to help you decide on a feed. No matter you decide upon, I
would suggest you feed a grain-free feed, as dogs quite often are allergic
to cereals and grains, and they're not necessary for their health.

Good luck to you.
Phyrie

Old August 23rd 10, 02:45 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

On Aug 22, 9:04*pm, "Phyrie" wrote:
"wesley" wrote in message

I just got a 2 year old male golden retriever that has no known health
issues except he's a bit underweight. *He had been fed Beneful dry
food in the past, but I've heard that's not a very choice of a dog
food. *I'd like to keep feeding him dry food with the occasional can
of dog food.

What are some good choices of dog food?

Try dogfoodanalysis.com. *They have a fairly comprehensive list of feeds,
rated on a star system (1 to 6, I believe). *I think you would find your
Beneful rates a 1, whereas Orijen, the brand I used to feed, rated a 6.
It's a good tool to help you decide on a feed. *No matter you decide upon, I
would suggest you feed a grain-free feed, as dogs quite often are allergic
to cereals and grains, and they're not necessary for their health.

Good luck to you.
Phyrie

Thanks so much, I will try the web site you mentioned.
Wesley
Old February 5th 11, 12:03 PM
Junior Member

I highly recommend Merrick dry dog food. I feed the Cowboy Cookout to my two 3 and 4 year old Siberian Huskies and the Senior to my 13 year old Huskie. We moved them to Merrick off Canidae after they changed the formula.
Old October 11th 11, 01:27 PM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john woo View Post
I highly recommend Merrick dry dog food. I feed the Cowboy Cookout to my two 3 and 4 year old Siberian Huskies and the Senior to my 13 year old Huskie. We moved them to Merrick off Canidae after they changed the formula.
I don’t like orijen for my Golden's. Your right it is too high in protein and it does make a big difference with large breed dogs too. Your Golden is still growing and will be until she is 2 years old. She doesn't need it!

I feed Natures Variety Prarie Lamb & Rice for all my Golden's here. They look wonderful and their coats are just beautiful too. Nice firm stools and tons of energy!
If this is not avaible to you then look for a food with no higher protein levels than 26%.

Another excellent food is California Naturals too. Or Wellness! Not the Wellness Core, again to high in protein.
Old October 11th 11, 06:36 PM
Banned

I am *really* loving HALO right now. Just made the switch and my boys and I are very happy!!!

IMG_0325 by Las Vaquera, on Flickr
Old October 22nd 11, 01:13 PM
Junior Member

I generally give my dog raw food to eat Except that I prefer giving him orijin. He get Very excited when Sees it and always Starts jumping.
Old October 12th 12, 02:37 PM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesley View Post
I just got a 2 year old male golden retriever that has no known health
issues except he's a bit underweight. He had been fed Beneful dry
food in the past, but I've heard that's not a very choice of a dog
food. I'd like to keep feeding him dry food with the occasional can
of dog food.

What are some good choices of dog food?
know I have feed my puppy just Orijen, and not other food,
dry food is a mixture of many kinds, and what you got your dog.
because almond are good for dog cancer,

dog diet

Last edited by micle62 : October 13th 12 at 03:10 PM.

Found - Adult female Pointer dog - Golden Gate Canyon Rd., Golden CO Found Pointer Dog in Golden CO Dog rescue 1 January 16th 09 05:46 PM
Golden Retriever fan? Handsome Jack Morrison Dog behavior 1 September 28th 07 08:36 PM
Golden Retriever Sim Dog behavior 12 October 18th 03 02:33 PM
Golden Retriever Sim Dog behavior 0 October 16th 03 05:00 AM
Golden Retriever Sim Dog behavior 0 October 16th 03 05:00 AM