Took my dog to be spayed and she died

Old April 11th 18, 02:50 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Took my dog to be spayed and she died

On Tuesday, May 16, 1995 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Jeff Sikes wrote:
I only had Indy(a one-year old stray) for two months and I decided it
was time to have her spayed before I moved out to the country and let
her roam. Today I took her to the vet, gave her to the vet and didn't
even consider that I might never see her alive again. Several hours
later, I received a call that Indy wasn't breathing on her own, and
that I should come right away. I went and stayed with her for several
hours, in which she stopped breathing so many times I can't count
them.

The vet said that Indy must have had distemper or something as a pup
(she was a stray I picked up) and something happened to her lungs.
After several more hours of assisted breathing, the vet finally
suggested that we let her pass away. I asked him to try a little
longer, and he did. But it didn't help.

Indy died because of some stupid operation that was only necessary
because it was convenient for me as an owner. She was completely
happy before I took her in, and now I regret even considering the
operation. I don't think I can ever forgive myself.

I have talked about Indy's little behavior quirks on this newsgroup,
and wanted to thank everyone for their help. She had very bad
separation anxiety and many of you helped with that problem.

Jeff

My pup Lilly 11 mos old died yesterday after her spay surgery. We had pre op testing done all checked out fine. After her surgery she was in recovery and woke up had to pee while she peed she had a heart attack. Vet revived her, then later she had another attack, they revived her, then later she had the 3rd attack and she died. I am so sick over this. She was my baby, full of life and so kissy lovey I miss her I have been crying for two days. I see her face every time I close my eyes so I cant sleep I even took a pill to help me sleep and I couldnt sleep...i see her every where I go in the house. How do i get over this loss...How could she die??? she was healthy!! Im so very very sad.

Took my dog to be spayed and she died [email protected] Dog behavior 3 April 15th 19 12:21 PM
My Dog Died Perkoff Of Persia Dog behavior 18 May 20th 08 10:35 PM
Dog died by choking while seizing [email protected] Dog health 3 January 10th 07 08:53 PM
My GSD Died Today Intergate Dog breeds 6 March 27th 04 02:04 AM
My Megan Died last night Tom Lacombe Dog health 0 October 13th 03 03:47 PM