2 points about bad advice (in response to leah's detractors)

Old December 28th 03, 04:51 PM
Sionnach

Neener neener all my cats have itty bitty voices.

Hrmph.

Oddly the two that seem
to talk the most are the ones with the least voice. Lady Greystoke

sometimes just opens her mouth - maybe she's whispering. Other times it
comes out as a stutter-squeak.

Veronika- the bluecream LH - had a voice like that, including the silent
meow and "cheeping". It suited her, since she was tiny and birdboned, with
that feathery hair.

Old December 29th 03, 05:00 PM
Mary Healey

Sionnach wrote:
Gwydion snip has a passion for opening things & taking the lids
off. snip
And both of my current cats can open doors if they're not latched tight.

Gareth used to get on the kitchen counter and open the back door. He'd
also perfected a technique for squeezing the screening out of the spline
in the windows, the better to go kitty walkabout. Thank doG he had a
decent recall (and a pretty good sense of "home base"), or he'd have
been lost a dozen times over.

Gwydion snip chose me at the shelter by putting
his paw through the mesh of the cage, taking hold of my finger with his
toes, and holding on.

g That's how Gareth picked me. Snagged himself a human, he did. I
thought I was special, but he did that to everyone.

--
Mary H. and the Ames National Zoo: Regis, Sam-I-Am, Noah (1992-2001),
Ranger, Duke, felines, and finches