Scariest LOOKING breeds, public perception?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 2nd 07, 03:45 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Default Scariest LOOKING breeds, public perception?

on Tue, 02 Jan 2007 02:21:27 GMT,
wrote:

In the instances I mentioned this year about people in the yard, all
three "violators" had my phone number, had access to a perfectly
working doorbell, could have rang the bell or called or both and I
would have gladly met them and escorted them in. It was just rudeness
and stupidity that caused them to just waltz on in. None had
appointments or anything like that. Having had unfortunate experience
related to stalking and domestic violence in the past, this sort of
rudeness sends my anxiety levels through the roof and it's unnecessary.

I can understand your concerns. No one goes in my yard without my
advance permission with the exception of the meter reader. I'd be beyond
annoyed if anyone did.

I have a 34 lb mutt who wouldn't hurt a soul. Once when I was working
from home the meter reader knocked on the front door and asked me to
bring her in (I was on the deck but he couldn't see me). I appreciated
him doing that and told him so, because I'd be horrified if he
accidentally let her out. He said she scared him, but I figure he was
probably afraid of most dogs since she's so unintimidating.

I'm sure you know this, but make sure you thoroughly research whatever
breeds you are considering. I would LOVE to have a Mastiff, but honestly
don't think I could handle having a 180 lb dog. I think about how I will
manage a large dog when he gets near the end of his life and might need
physical assistance from me so even an 80 lb dog might be tough.

--
Lynne

"First get your facts; then you may distort them at your leisure."
-- Mark Twain