Home Visit Checklist?

Old September 28th 03, 03:54 AM
Rocky

Paula said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

I'd still like to blame Terri, and you're making it
difficult.

There are so many things to blame Terri for and so many
reasons to hate her, why worry about this little tidbit
slipping away?

I know you're right, but sometimes it's difficult to let go.

Old September 28th 03, 01:58 PM
queenmother

"shelly" wrote in message
On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 19:48:15 GMT, "queenmother" wrote:

What I have heard from breeders is that they are also concerned about

what
will happen to the dog when you have the flu. Or when they need to be
walked at 3AM.

you get up, throw on your shoes (or not) and take them out.

True, that's what you do. But they need to hear that from the potential
owners. Or, in the case of the elderly woman who had great potential for
some health problems -existing ones - that she had a plan. Or an x-pen.

, i'm
sure, would've amused the neighbors if they'd been awake. on a couple
of occasions, i had to take him out in a towel and no shoes. the worst
was the time i had to go out in my bathrobe and no shoes. it'd been
raining non-stop for days and i ended up in mud up to my ankles and,
when elliott bolted after a bunny, got dragged across the yard in the
mud.

The rule at our house is always wear shoes! To make the point...........

We're out in the country and at the time of this story we could see the
nearest neighbor but they weren't *close*. And there probably weren't half
a dozen cars going past after midnight. It was summer and our windows were
open. The neighbor's boxer had something cornered down in one of the fields
between our houses and DH couldn't ignore it and sleep. So he put on his
shoes and went outside to yell at the dog. Didn't stop him. So he went
down across our lawn and called. Still didn't stop him. He kept going a
little further and a littler further until he realized he was halfway across
the field wearing nothing but his sneakers. He decided it might be a little
difficult to explain if one of those half-dozen cars came past right then
and he started looking for hiding places if he saw headlights coming up the
road!

He did finally call the dog off whatever it was he had cornered and it
escaped so the dog headed home. DH hurried home and we both still laugh
about it!

~~Judy

Old September 28th 03, 02:29 PM
Theresa Willis

On 28 Sep 2003 02:54:08 GMT, Rocky wrote:

Paula said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

I'd still like to blame Terri, and you're making it
difficult.

There are so many things to blame Terri for and so many
reasons to hate her, why worry about this little tidbit
slipping away?

I know you're right, but sometimes it's difficult to let go.

You know, as soon as we get the bugs worked out of HarCo's Oribital
Laser Destructo Satellite, you turkeys are in deep doo-doo.

--Terri & Harlan (right now we can only get it to orbit about 11 feet
off the ground)