behavior question

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 3rd 03, 07:29 AM
LL

Default behavior question

I have just lost my wonderful, beloved almost 10 year old rottweiler. I
have had him since he was weeks old.
When he was 3, I got a german shepherd, female, she was 3 months old
when I got her.

They have been together constantly since.
My question is about my now 7 year old german shepherd. How does it
affect her to lose a companion that has been in her life for almost 7 years?
I have been devastated by the loss, but I stopped expressing my feelings
in front of her, because I thought it might upset her.

I have noticed that she is carrying a squeaky toy with her constantly,
and she did have loose stools right after the death of my rottie.
She also, sometimes whines, very quietly, at bedtime. She never has
whined before.
My rottie was put down here at home.
She saw her friend "afterwards" but totally ignored his body.
I took to the crematorium the day after.

We are suppose to go overseas, where I am from, but I feel it would be
too hard for her right now. I am considering taking her along, in fact.

How do dogs deal with loss??

Liselotte