ATTN: GAH/GREG -- Been There, Done That -- *smile*

Old March 17th 04, 04:39 AM

Default ATTN: GAH/GREG -- Been There, Done That -- *smile*

Hi! I just saw your post today about the stray dog with heartworms, and it
brought back SOOOOO many memories! If you're interested in reading my
stories, I posted here on rec.pets.dogs.health wayyyy back in 09/96,
starting with "Help! Stray wants to live with me!" and then "Update #2 on
Stray", and then I just went on and on and ON, as some of you may remember.
I already had two dogs at the time, and I sure didn't need another. But
guess what, I had DeeDee (DamnDog!) for 7 great years, and I'm STILL a
suckermom, and I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat. In fact, I kept
DeeDee and got rid of the husband instead, haha!

I had to put my GSD, Sheba, to sleep a few years ago, but I still have Bud,
the little mutt terrier thing. I posted a lot about them too. My 'baby'
now is KiKi, a wolf-husky mix (aka wolfdawg from hell). Bud is probably
11-12 years old, and KiKi will be 4 in July.

My girl DeeDee died in her sleep on St. Patrick's Day last year. Ironic,
since I thought she was an Irish Setter to start with. We figure maybe her
heart just gave out. She was probably close to 12-13 years old. She was a
WONDERFUL dog, and I regret that life got in the way of posting my
almost-daily updates. She was so sweet (and so FAT!), but she was the
happiest dog I've ever known. I still miss her a lot.

Ok gotta go....I'm gonna cry. Gawd, I love my dogs!!!

Good luck with your Mandy!

K.C./Kathy