A dog & canine forum. DogBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » DogBanter forum » Dog forums » Dog rescue
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Adopted Dog

Old March 2nd 15, 12:52 AM

First recorded activity by DogBanter: Mar 2015
Unhappy Adopted Dog

Looked everywhere on the internet for information... which lead me here... adopted an American Bulldog from local Humane Society... she is a little over 3 years old... at the Humane Society for 8 months... owner gave her up because grandchildren moved in with her... well trained... just... she always looks so sad and confused... when I try to play with her she cows, like I'm going to hit her... breaks my heart... loud anything scares her (ice in freezer dropping into tray)... my home is quiet for the most part it is just her and I... got mad at the cable company on the phone and raised my voice... she pee on the floor and just cowed shaking all over... I would think after 3 months she would relax a little... know I would not hurt her or let any else do so... have had large dogs all my life... mastiff's, bull mastiffs even a boxer... I've never seen this behavior in a dog before... I believe she may have been abused or still confused why she ended up in the Human Society to begin with... any suggestions would be welcome... her sadness and confusion is just ripping at my heart... maybe its just something time can heal... that I can give her...