Anatolian Shepherd

Old July 12th 03, 01:15 PM
Shelly & The Boys

Default Anatolian Shepherd

"Tara O." wrote in message
I saw my first live Anatolian just now. A couple in our neighborhood was
out walking their 9mo GIGANTIC white female. We all (our dogs and my
husband) stood on the curb talking dogs for a while. I told them that

their
breed is not a common one around here. They said they got lucky after

doing
research and deciding on this breed that there was a breeder within 6

hours
driving distance. Her name is Noodle (why I have no idea) and she's
huge..*really* huge. She's already taller than her dam according to them
checking in with the breeder and marking her height and weight progress.
She's a big softy though and looked at Fancy (who was pitching a fit and
stomping on the ground) like she was crazy lol. She wandered around, into
our garage, gave kisses to everyone and tolerated Ely's (the puppy I have
here) kisses and antics.

We've got a client at the vet clinic that has an Anatolian and an Anatolian/
Maremma cross. And, there are a few folks that don't live too far that
have Belgians (a Laeken and a Malinois), and a BC that also have
an Anatolian. They are really neat dogs, and I think that if I were ever
in the position to need a LGD of some sort I'd want an Anatolian (who knows,
maybe someday I'll have those goats & sheep I want, if I can convince hubby
of it, we'd need something for the coyote other than the Fabulous Barking
Duo!).
Fairly standoffish, and big big big! :-)
Of course, I like Leonbergers too...I've got the cutest photos of a 12 wk
old Leo working sheep. He's about 1/3 the size of the sheep--at that
age!
Shelly & The Boys (who fit in Mom's car!)