eating feces

Old November 23rd 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Tas

Default eating feces

I have 2 Yorkie|Maltese crosses who just turned 1 year (one female and
one male - the female seems to be the dominant one). Sometime after
housebreaking they started to eat the female's feces when outdoors.
This problem has grown to the point where the male is starting to eat
his too and other visiting dogs' feces (even in the process of going!)
We are right on the spot about 90% of the time to pick it up, but there
are times when you are out in the yard, take your eyes off them for
about a minute and then its too late. We have tried almost everything
possible according to our veterinarian including: Forbid, pumpkin,
plain certs candies, another over-the counter tablet, sprinkling with
tobasco, and currently we are sprinkling with ceyanne pepper. This
certainly prevents them at the time from consuming the feces, but they
munch away at those times when I am not 'johnny on the spot' to
sprinkle with the pepper. On walks, they try to pick up old feces from
other dogs as well. This is a real nuisance and probably not very
healthy for the dogs. I would really appreciate anyone's advice on a
product or method to get them out of this habit.

Old November 23rd 06, 04:37 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.dogs.behavior,talk.bizarre,alt.pets.dogs.labrador,alt.religion.kibology
Mirelle

Alan Truism wrote:
Jerry, If you are going to consume waste product, whether it be human or
from some other species, you would be better off drinking urine than you
are right now eating ****. Urine is relatively sterile while feces teems
with pathogenic microorganisms.

Pathetic Eh !

Mirelle[i]
On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 17:58:31 -0800,
Human_And_Animal_Behaviour_Forensic_Sciences_Resea rch_Laboratory wrote:[i]

[i] will eat the stools of other species,

[i] LIKE the taste. That's only natural.

Yum!

do not find the taste of feces objectionable

Dog deer horse cow kat even duck poop TASTES GOOD.
often eat poo once or twice just because it's there {); )

IFYPFY

Old November 23rd 06, 07:50 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.dogs.behavior,alt.animals.dog,alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.dogs.labrador
Suzie-Q

In article .com,
"Tas" wrote:

- I am interested in the sound distraction technique to prevent poo
- eating.

The only way to prevent it is to make the poo "taste bad" to the dog.
There are products you can buy that you add to his food that are
supposed to do this. (AFAIK)

--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
http://www.intergnat.com/pussygames/
Old November 23rd 06, 08:48 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.dogs.behavior,alt.animals.dog,alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.dogs.labrador
Mirelle

Suzie-Q wrote:
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/

Hilarious site !
Bookmarked it !

Mirelle

Old November 24th 06, 07:24 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.dogs.behavior,alt.animals.dog,alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.dogs.labrador
Suzie-Q

Default OT - was eating feces

In article .com,
"Mirelle" wrote:

- Suzie-Q wrote:
- http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
-
- Hilarious site !
- Bookmarked it !

Glad you liked it!

--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

Old November 24th 06, 11:18 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.dogs.behavior,alt.animals.dog,alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.dogs.labrador
Mirelle

Suzie-Q wrote:
Glad you liked it!

http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/

Glad you shared it !
:-)))

Mirelle

Old November 28th 06, 10:18 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
The Space Boss

Tas wrote:
[...]

VERY DANGEROUS. If the dogs eat Raccoon feces, even a little bit, it
could transmit raccoon roundworm to them - a disease which is deadly to
both them AND YOU!!!!

I won't post all the info here, but do some reasearch, it's pretty
scary to say the least.

Old November 28th 06, 03:17 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
[email protected]

My rescue poodle did this. He would poop and turn around and eat it!
Not sure if it is the current food or if he grew out of it. Fig
newtons will make it smell or taste bad. A couple a day should do it
for your dogs. See if it helps then the other feces on walks .. is
another thing. It was hard though since my old poodle has bad
allergies and could not share in the treat

Old December 6th 06, 02:52 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
~~~Carole~~~

I was waiting for some good advise on here, but I see this is not a
serious sight, I have a ShizTzu that does the same thing, have tried for
11 years to keep her from eating her poop, the only thing that works for
me is to be in yard with my poop scooper while she poops, pick it up and
dispose of it. Oh, well, just another problem when you have pets.

dog eating feces shader Dog behavior 6 March 30th 04 10:47 PM
dog eating feces shader Dog behavior 0 March 29th 04 01:52 AM
dog eating feces shader Dog behavior 0 March 29th 04 01:52 AM