HELP: Can a nondoctor stop me from taking my dog to my therapist?

Old January 29th 07, 10:40 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.health,alt.animals.dog,rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.misc

Default Can a nondoctor stop me from taking my dog to my therapist? [jerry]

a écrit dans le message de
ups.com...
HOWEDY
Human_And_Animal_Behavior_Forensic_Scien*ces_Resea
AKA
animalbehaviorforensicsciencesresear...@h otmail.com AKA
AKA

you pathetic miserable stinkin lyin animal
abusin punk thug coward active acute chronic life long incurable
mental case and professional dog trainin FRAUD an SCAM ARTIST,

****ing RETARD WHO CAN't SPELL MUCH LESS lurn propper ingrish chicken
**** scat eating stupid child molesting ****!

****** CUT *****
=============

Do you wanna play "dumb and dumber" ??
Not only you're quoting all the b*llsh*t
from the m*r*n, but you're adding your own...

Old April 8th 13, 03:15 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default HELP: Can a nondoctor stop me from taking my dog to my therapist?

On Thursday, January 11, 2007 11:08:20 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Since I got my maltese terrier 2 months ago I have been taking her with
me to my doctor who is treating me for anxiety and depression as well as
fibromalgia.

Anyways she considers my dog for me as a comfort dog during my
appointment and helps with my anxiety.
She is one of several doctors in this facility and I know other patients
brings their dogs as well as a doctor who brings her big poodles. The
poodle doctor though is moving to a completely different location then
my doctor and the others.

Ok my doctor and the other doctors in her practice are moving to another
building.

This building will not allow any dogs in.
My question is this. Is this not an interference by the owner of the
building of my appointments with the doctor. A dog is considered
medicinal for many patients myself included so isn't the owner
interfering with my treatment?

Legally can this building owner interfere with my bringing my dog Holly
to my doctors visit. To me this is interference in health care by a
nonmedical person. I know there are some laws regarding interfering with
a patient and a doctor..
To me this is interference and an undue burden.

I go to the doctor every other week.

This building they are moving in is not a medical facility but an office
building.

BTW I do have firm control of my dog and often just hold her in the
waitng room and carry her when needed.

This also is not helping my anxiety and depression.

Any suggestions? HELP

In regards to using St. Johns Therapy dog program. The purpose of the program is to have the handler and dog visit a facility. It is not the same as a "working dog" that is used for therapy such as a seeing eye dog, epilepsy dog, etc. These dogs are always working.

You are not allowed to use the name SJA therpay dog for purposes other than this. It is not intended as a loop hole to get your dog into buildings or areas that dogs are not normally allowed.

Area Co-ordinator
Amy H