Free small older dog in Edmonton or Calgary Area ( too good home)

Old December 29th 04, 09:44 PM
keets

Default Free small older dog in Edmonton or Calgary Area ( too good home)

After many years of companianship I have to sadly give my beloved dog
away. She is a very kind, small, beige Maltese/Shitzu cross. I have to
find a new temporary/permanent home for her as I have had to move to
Calgary and my home is a no pets environment. Due to financial
situations I can not afford to rent a pet friendly place. My father
who has been taking care of her so far is no longer able to do so. She
is 12 years old.

please email me at kitapita at gmail dot com if seriously interested
Thank you

Old December 30th 04, 02:51 AM
Rocky

[posted and mailed]

keets said in rec.pets.dogs.rescue:

After many years of companianship I have to sadly give my
beloved dog away. She is a very kind, small, beige
Maltese/Shitzu cross. I have to find a new
temporary/permanent home for her as I have had to move to
Calgary and my home is a no pets environment. Due to
financial situations I can not afford to rent a pet
friendly place. My father who has been taking care of her
so far is no longer able to do so. She is 12 years old.

Please contact local rescue societies either in Edmonton or
Calgary. With a donation equivalent to the new owner's adoption
fee (about $150), there's a good chance that they'll be able to
place her, even though she's older.

For a start, check out the Alberta Animal Rescue Foundation:
http://www.arf.ab.ca/

I don't think that they accept owner turn-ins, but they may be
able to steer you in the right direction. Be up front that
you'll be willing to make a donation - this is a non-profit
group.